• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

John Collins is having a very good game today. 25 pts, 8 rebounds, and very good defense through the third quarter (according to twitter reports). So it seems like the team will have a pretty good player to step in and contribute something down low next season with DT. Should also help keep Dinos as an outside shooter role player versus being asked to do more than he can.

John Collins is having a very good game today. 25 pts, 8 rebounds, and very good defense through the third quarter (according to twitter reports). So it seems like the team will have a pretty good player to step in and contribute something down low next season with DT. Should also help keep Dinos as an outside shooter role player versus being asked to do more than he can.

According to one person on Twitter, Collins has 10 blocks.

@prephoopsfl is a good follow for updates

actually looks like Collins has 17pts, 9boards, and 8blocks with 4:30 remaining

Prep Hoops Florida ‏@prephoopsfl
Updated stats for Collins: 17 points, 9 rebs, 9 blocks.

Last edited:
Newman loses in the championship game. Looks like Collins was Godby's focus.

Prep Hoops Florida ‏@prephoopsfl 44s44 seconds ago
Everytime the ball swings over to Collins' side, he's getting double and triple teamed.

Well, good job by Collins, too bad the other players couldn't make the opponents pay when they well overplayed on him.

Well, good job by Collins, too bad the other players couldn't make the opponents pay when they well overplayed on him.

How do you know he didn't pull a Devin Thomas and try to dribble through the triple teams?

Gonzaga just went to OT in their game. Bryant Crawford has had a pretty average game but saved Gonzaga by fouling a guy going up for an easy basket with 3 second left in a tie game (the other player missed both FTs). Follow https://twitter.com/MarcusHelton for updates on the game.

ETA: Double overtime now.

Last edited:
Hopefully, he and his people have enough common sense to realize that. I mean, you can't seriously follow the NBA and still think shit like that matters.

Damian Lillard went to Weber St.
James Harden went to Arizona St.
Steph Curry went to Davidson
Klay Thompson went to Washington St.

Get in the league. Kick ass. Then you get a "brand."

Exactly, I mean you saw how Harrison Barnes's brand took off
5446554484_88a959aa51_z.jpg

I went to the Gonzaga-DeMatha championship game last night to cheer on Bryant Crawford with another Wake alum. Very exciting game and was just as impressed with/entertained by the student sections.
Some observations:
-1st half, Crawford was VERY passive. He basically played the off guard and looked to pass it to the person next to him on the perimeter almost every time. Disappointing to see that he was not playing more point guard (mostly Chris Lykes) given that his passing ability is one of his more touted strengths. Finished with 2 points for the half I believe.
-2nd half, Crawford definitely looked for his shot more which was nice to see. He played more point guard than he did in the first half and looked to take on his man more often. Definitely liked what I saw much more in the second half in terms of determination and taking things into his own hands. Still, he only ended up with about 3-4 more points (although quite a few nice assists) in the 2nd half to finish regulation with 5 or 6 points. He did come up with the game-saving foul on a breakaway dunk though, which the player subsequently missed both free throws with 3 seconds left to force the game into OT.
-OT/2OT: Crawford had some nice passes that led to open shots for his teammates. He also hit a clutch deep 3 from the top of the key in 2OT to break the game open and give Gonzaga a 6 point lead.
-Chris Lykes (5'7 guard with offer from Richmond) and Sam Miller (committed to Dayton) were doing most of the scoring for Gonzaga last night and were both very impressive. Markelle Fultz (Dematha) is also going to be a heck of a guard in the college game--a high major 2016 prospect.
All in all, I think Crawford will be very strong for us down the line, but it was a pretty rough game for him last night. He is very much a vocal leader though which I liked to see and made some great passes (finished with 7 assists or so by my count), hopefully giving us a nice slash and dish guard that we don't really have on our roster currently. His ability to drive and create his own shot will be a welcomed addition, he's just got to keep getting stronger and work on finishing those plays. Excited to get another quality guard in the black and gold...can't wait for these next few years

I went to the Gonzaga-DeMatha championship game last night to cheer on Bryant Crawford with another Wake alum. Very exciting game and was just as impressed with/entertained by the student sections.
Some observations:
-1st half, Crawford was VERY passive. He basically played the off guard and looked to pass it to the person next to him on the perimeter almost every time. Disappointing to see that he was not playing more point guard (mostly Chris Lykes) given that his passing ability is one of his more touted strengths. Finished with 2 points for the half I believe.
-2nd half, Crawford definitely looked for his shot more which was nice to see. He played more point guard than he did in the first half and looked to take on his man more often. Definitely liked what I saw much more in the second half in terms of determination and taking things into his own hands. Still, he only ended up with about 3-4 more points (although quite a few nice assists) in the 2nd half to finish regulation with 5 or 6 points. He did come up with the game-saving foul on a breakaway dunk though, which the player subsequently missed both free throws with 3 seconds left to force the game into OT.
-OT/2OT: Crawford had some nice passes that led to open shots for his teammates. He also hit a clutch deep 3 from the top of the key in 2OT to break the game open and give Gonzaga a 6 point lead.
-Chris Lykes (5'7 guard with offer from Richmond) and Sam Miller (committed to Dayton) were doing most of the scoring for Gonzaga last night and were both very impressive. Markelle Fultz (Dematha) is also going to be a heck of a guard in the college game--a high major 2016 prospect.
All in all, I think Crawford will be very strong for us down the line, but it was a pretty rough game for him last night. He is very much a vocal leader though which I liked to see and made some great passes (finished with 7 assists or so by my count), hopefully giving us a nice slash and dish guard that we don't really have on our roster currently. His ability to drive and create his own shot will be a welcomed addition, he's just got to keep getting stronger and work on finishing those plays. Excited to get another quality guard in the black and gold...can't wait for these next few years

Agree w much of this. Crawford definitely was passive. His best play was going to the refs and having them tell the Dematha student section stop flashing their cell phone lights in the foul shooter's eyes. Chris Lykes is a baller was definitely impressed w him as well as Sam Miller. Both teams are very talented. Great game to watch.

Congrats to BC on the big championship win! Hopefully he and Markelle Fultz are friendly adversaries since we are in on the 2016 recruit from Dematha right?

DM was checking out HG and Brandon yesterday right? Any reports or did the snow deter would be travelers to the game?

Congrats to BC on the big championship win! Hopefully he and Markelle Fultz are friendly adversaries since we are in on the 2016 recruit from Dematha right?

DM was checking out HG and Brandon yesterday right? Any reports or did the snow deter would be travelers to the game?

I wasn't there, depending on Cookout for details, but WCA won(50-38, I think), will face Christ School (who finally ran out of Plumlees) at 5:30 today. I think Christ School usually streams their games, so there may be live video available for this game.

I wasn't there, depending on Cookout for details, but WCA won(50-38, I think), will face Christ School (who finally ran out of Plumlees) at 5:30 today. I think Christ School usually streams their games, so there may be live video available for this game.

I won't be there until tomorrow, sadly...

and eff Christ School.

Back