• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

And we all know why we lost those 4 or 5 games .

jump-the-shark.jpg

So according to Kwe's Twitter it is an official visit. Further, there are RU fans recruiting him telling him his style works well with the HC's style etc

So according to Kwe's Twitter it is an official visit. Further, there are RU fans recruiting him telling him his style works well with the HC's style etc

What style is that? Losing?

It's still amazing Eddie Jordan was an NBA head coach...kind of like [Redacted].

It's still amazing Eddie Jordan was an NBA head coach...kind of like [Redacted].

You can throw Sid Lowe in that group as well.... :rulz:

Could turn him into the next Gilbert Arenas!

I mean we can't really make too much fun. We have 1 winning season in the past five.

They were able to reel in a top 100 player from Florida (Corey Sanders). Have never understood that one. I guess easy PT in a big-time conference, but that one's always been weird to me.

I've been quietly confident that Kwe Parker would still be committing to Wake Forest for a while but after thinking about it, I don't believe he commits to WF anymore. Coach Manning had to have known that he stood a very good chance of landing Woods when he offered the two other SGs so those offers do not seem to be for the spot that Woods just took but rather the spot that Kwe would take. Since the scholarship numbers seem to show room for only one more guard in 2016 and it's about two weeks before Kwe commits - Wake Forest knows where it stands with him - Manning would have held off on offering the others if he was expecting a commitment from Kwe.

PG Bryant Crawford (So), Mitchell Wilbekin (Jr), Brandon Childress (Fr)
SG Keyshawn Woods (So), Rondale Watson (Jr), Kwe Parker (Fr), Other guard (Fr)

There is always the possibility that one of the current guards that gets no playing time decides to explore other opportunities, which would leave six guards on the roster with Kwe + another SG. Wake Forest is going to bring in at least 1 PF and 1 C since they'll most likely only have Collins and Moore entering 2016-17. WF is probably also going to bring in another SF/PF since they'll only have Collins plus Hudson and McClinton at the forward spots. So bringing in three guards in 2016 would likely mean using six scholarships in 2016 (PG, 2 SG, SF/PF, PF, C), which is most likely too many in one year and would depend on two current players leaving the team for one reason or another (Dinos + a guard).

The most likely allocation of scholarships is using only five on freshmen - PG (B Chill), another guard, SF/PF, PF, C. Then they'd use a possible open sixth scholarship on a grad transfer or regular transfer to even the scholarships.

Last edited:
Surprised not to see reference on this thread to Sen Richard Burr's tweet yesterday about Giles.

Back