• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

So, Dennis Smith releases his top (final?)6 and Wake is listed, along with Kansas, NCSU, Duke, UNC, Louisville. I totally wrote him off a while ago. Is this a new revelation or just keeping Wake on the list in case his bud Harry does something crazy and chooses Wake?

Also saw Harry tweet "336 still boring," after returning from Greece. That doesn't sound like someone who wants to stick around W-S another year.

So, Dennis Smith releases his top (final?)6 and Wake is listed, along with Kansas, NCSU, Duke, UNC, Louisville. I totally wrote him off a while ago. Is this a new revelation or just keeping Wake on the list in case his bud Harry does something crazy and chooses Wake?

Also saw Harry tweet "336 still boring," after returning from Greece. That doesn't sound like someone who wants to stick around W-S another year.

True, but not many rising HS seniors think their hometown is the center of excitement. Playing ACC basketball and preparing for the NBA should take care of any lack of excitement for his year of college.

Reply to a Tweet
Tweet Text

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
Dennis Smith, top point guard in the class, told ESPN that his list heading into July is Kansas, N.C. State, Wake, Duke, UNC and Louisville.
47m ago

I hope my attachment is OK. I just saw Dennis Smith still has WF listed as of 47 minutes ago.

Yes, Dennis Smith is still listing Wake because of the possibility of teaming up with Giles.

For the conspiracy theorists, I saw on instagram that Harry Giles got a new pair of Jordan 6's custom made by a company called ABCustomz. The colors? Gold and Black...

Giles to Vandy?! Damnit...

Time to put the full court press on Dennis. Maybe we can get one of the football coaches to make one of those fake magazine covers to send them. "NC Kids Lead WF to Natl Championship" and "Wake Forest Freshmen Projected Top 2 in 2017 NBA Draft." Let's gooooo!!!!! But seriously, we need to get them on their officials the same weekend. Maybe for the Louisville game I believe it's on Friday night. I will personally drive in for that game and show em a good time.

If they decide to play together, looks like it will be at Duke, UNC, Wake or Kansas.
Kansas- two NC kids gotta stay in state. Cross Kansas off the list.
UNC- might be ineligible for postseason play. Cya
Duke- Thornton will probably still be there and going to have to many chuckers on their roster (Allen, Kennard).

Small chance it breaks our way but one can dream

Agree that Kirk is good enough to get minutes in the ACC, but just don't think we have a need at his position. McClinton can play some 4 but I expect Manning to go with 2 of Devin/Dinos/Collins/Moore up front. And I don't think McClinton or Hudson is a good enough ball handler to play the 2 for extended periods of time. I'm optimistic about our team this year seeing that we should have a pretty solid top 10 players. However, floor spacing could be a major issue as Dinos, Hudson, and Wilbekin are our only capable shooters.

Why do people say this?

Back