• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Or maybe he's in no rush, unlike some rando Wake message board people. Maybe he's waiting to see if any other offers come his way, like, gee, Utah perhaps.

Another fungible 100-200 recruit? It's not like this kid is LeBron coming out of high school ... he is a nobody whose other primary offer is Utah State, who we have somehow hyped into Vince Carter because we've been bzzed. If Manning wants to build something legit he needs to handle recruiting and send a message that he has the biggest dick in the room. We break out CP3 and Tim fucking Duncan and this clown continues to schedule visits? Tell him he lost his chance. I guaranty that attitude will have overall success with recruits. Do you think Calipari recruits like a pussy?

I hear ya man, but who else are we going after for this class? I got the impression we don't have many others in the pipeline right now. Am I wrong?

2 and 2 is right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta show that bastard. Now we could do it with conventional methods, but that could take years and cost millions of hours. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Roadtrip?

Or maybe he's in no rush, unlike some rando Wake message board people. Maybe he's waiting to see if any other offers come his way, like, gee, Utah perhaps.

That's not necessarily good news.

You get 5 free trips to go anywhere in the country and get treated like a king. Can't blame anyone for taking advantage of that, especially when we don't have the leverage to offer his spot to someone else worthy.

That's not necessarily good news.

I don't think Ayo was implying that it is.

It's just a little stupid to criticize one of the last realistic top 100-150 2016 recruits that we're involved with for wanting to take all of his official visits. He's an 18 17? year old kid getting the opportunity to travel around the country for free, and like Ayo said, he has no reason to be in a hurry. His spot here isn't going anywhere, and if he thinks he has a shot at a Utah offer, that's a hell of a lot more attractive program than ours right now.

Last edited:
I don't think Ayo was implying that it is.

It's just a little stupid to criticize one of the last realistic top 100-150 2016 recruits that we're involved with for wanting to take all of his official visits. He's an 18 17? year old kid getting the opportunity to travel around the country for free, and like Ayo said, he has no reason to be in a hurry. His spot here isn't going anywhere, and if he thinks he has a shot at a Utah offer, that's a hell of a lot more attractive program than ours right now.

To be fair, I don't think anybody is criticizing the kid for taking visits, I just think some of these folks are frustrated that our program has fallen so far that we don't get an automatic commitment for Koby, Giles, and Bamba, after the pickup game that Manning orchestrated. That is quite a show that he/we put on...and if it doesn't work that sucks and it's all on Wellman.

You get 5 free trips to go anywhere in the country and get treated like a king. Can't blame anyone for taking advantage of that, especially when we don't have the leverage to offer his spot to someone else worthy.

the scene of Jesus Shuttlesworth at Big State with two ladies comes to mind

the scene of Jesus Shuttlesworth at Big State with two ladies comes to mind

Well I doubt he gets that at Utah State, at least until he gets married.

You would really expect automatic commitments from Giles and Bamba if the Bz era didn't happen? Come on now.

To be fair, I don't think anybody is criticizing the kid for taking visits

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm probably misreading the comments herOH GOD OH NO 2&2 STOP TYPING NO NO NO

Did he just set that visit or was it already scheduled? If he set it after our visit I really do think Manning should yank the offer and tell him to go fuck himself.

We break out CP3 and Tim fucking Duncan and this clown continues to schedule visits? Tell him he lost his chance. I guaranty that attitude will have overall success with recruits. Do you think Calipari recruits like a pussy?

I hear ya man, but who else are we going after for this class? I got the impression we don't have many others in the pipeline right now. Am I wrong?

The simple truth of the matter is we do not know who else is in the pipeline.

Getting a 3rd guard in this class is a luxury not an absolute must though.

We have absolutely no momentum in recruiting right now. Manning needs to start sealing the deal or we are gonna be in some trouble.

Right now DraftExpress lists him as the 29th best NCAA junior prospect. He might get drafted but he's an underdog to do so right now. Regardless he really shouldn't be thought to be an early entry candidate.

Trevor Lacy situation. Cat wants to go make money, DSJ want the reigns. Both will happen.

We should obviously be exploring other options but we can absolutely wait that long. I'm guessing Manning will have an in-home visit with him if possible as well.

Back