• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Wiggins was from Canada but people thought he'd go to FSU or one of the bigger ACC powers iirc

I gotcha but was pointing out that Manning's situation would be more similar.....He was a big time recruit from NC that was heavily pursued by the local ACC powers but surprised everyone by going to Kansas instead. Of course if Self had come in last summer & provided Harry's dad with a assistant coaching job & moved them to Lawrence for Harry's senior year, it would have been exactly like Manning's recruitment.

And if you guys think you've hated dook players before, just wait...K has managed to assemble an all-American team of #1 douchebags.

Just wait.

Also want to add:

There are some negative behind-the-scenes dynamics in regards to dook that are very much in play right now. This weighs heavily in Wake's favor.

I don't feel comfortable saying exactly what is going on, but I will say that trying to create a team out of stars and keep them all happy at the same can be a very difficult task- especially in the 18-20 year old age group.

I'm sure dukeson and Thain know what I'm talking about.

but has he seen the video yet :plos:

#vibes

Are you saying if went to Duke or if he went elsewhere?

If he went to dook. That's obvious to anyone hitting the vibes. Join us. There's not vibe free school zone. Just give in and ride the wave.

If he went to dook. That's obvious to anyone hitting the vibes. Join us. There's not vibe free school zone. Just give in and ride the wave.
I mean, there's a 23 page thread on TDD for updates of Duke players in Europe. Pretty sure they'd remember him quite well.

This isn't necessarily a criticism of you wfu22.

I agree that Carolina and Duke have a lot of bandwagon fans that obviously didnt go there or even go to college. With that said, some of these superiority comments made by others get really old. Several of you guys blabber on like going to Wake made you royalty or something. Like a lot of other people, you went to college. Big deal.

This isnt a new thing. I vividly remmember a comment made by a Wake alumni on one of Eamon Brennan's Buzz stories a few years back. A fan from another school was joking that he had never even heard of Wake. The Wake alumn replied that his boss has heard of Wake and probably went there.

It's totally cool to be proud of where you went to school. It's another to not only act like but think that you are better than others because of it.

I am done. Back to reading Giles tea leaves.

There is no glory in being a Wake fan. So we hate anyone who we think is seeking glory without proper suffering. It's not elitism--it's martyrdom. Glory can only be earned by watching years of eye-shatteringly bad football and basketball.

Signed,
Someone who's watched 29 years of eye-shatteringly bad football and basketball but was present to watch the Deacs win the Natty in soccer and the 1996 ACC tournament so it's all been worth it

Last edited:
I mean, there's a 23 page thread on TDD for updates of Duke players in Europe. Pretty sure they'd remember him quite well.

lol

its 4 years old and 1 poster has almost literally all the posts

Oh where, oh where has Giles Jr gone?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
He can shoot the ball, he's the best stud of all
Oh where, oh where can he be?

It's a tacked thread that was started in 2011 and is only 23 pages long.

THE FUTURE

WINSTON'S FINEST

qn0nqv.jpg

Also want to add:

There are some negative behind-the-scenes dynamics in regards to dook that are very much in play right now. This weighs heavily in Wake's favor.

I don't feel comfortable saying exactly what is going on, but I will say that trying to create a team out of stars and keep them all happy at the same can be a very difficult task- especially in the 18-20 year old age group.

I'm sure dukeson and Thain know what I'm talking about.

can't say I understand being relatively open with all wake info but holding back when it comes to duke's dirty laundry. Let it all out

Back