• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

A benevolent and loving Satan wouldn't let this happen.

Seriously. You know Satan was pretty pumped for all the good folks of Kansas City finally getting a World Series, 'cause it meant people would be out having a good time with loved ones, drinking, having good food, enjoying life. If it was up to Satan, we would get a turn to kick the football one of these days.

gif68.gif

So since he is choosing duke, what is it gonna be like for Giles when Duke plays here in Winston? He will not be liked, it is personal

I hate them with every fiber of being, but outside of my own sentimentality, duke is objectionably better than us by ever measure that possibly matters. Hopefully they won't always be, but for now, them's the breaks.

Here's what I don't understand, what does he really gain going to Duke? Giles is going to be a one and done high draft pick whether he comes here or Puke. If he goes to Puke he the man one year and then they're on to somebody else, come here and he's a legend for life and it's not like our program can't produce NBA stars. Mike Greenberg on ESPN was making a great argument yesterday that Timmy D. could be on the Mt. Rushmore of all-time NBA players. To me if it's true his "heart" was with Wake, he's just a sell-out to go to Puke.
lol so dumb

Reactions: BDL
So since he is choosing duke, what is it gonna be like for Giles when Duke plays here in Winston? He will not be liked, it is personal

There will likely be more duke fans in attendance, and he will receive at least a lukewarm ovation. :sick:

Here's what I don't understand, what does he really gain going to Duke? Giles is going to be a one and done high draft pick whether he comes here or Puke. If he goes to Puke he the man one year and then they're on to somebody else, come here and he's a legend for life and it's not like our program can't produce NBA stars. Mike Greenberg on ESPN was making a great argument yesterday that Timmy D. could be on the Mt. Rushmore of all-time NBA players. To me if it's true his "heart" was with Wake, he's just a sell-out to go to Puke.

He is competitive and thinks it would be fun to compete for an NCAA championship. Plus his boy Tatum goes there.

I hate them with every fiber of being, but outside of my own sentimentality, duke is objectionably better than us by ever measure that possibly matters. Hopefully they won't always be, but for now, them's the breaks.

#WOJO4Coach

It's pretty simple: he has a way better chance to win a title there

Yeah, but you know Parker is already a forgotten man in Durham, like he was hardly there and Giles will be too after he's done. Oh well, it's his decision and we'll move on I guess. Danny will get us the big-time that has the heart to go against the grain though eventually.

On the bright side, we aren't going to experience Giles committing to Wake and either (a) he gets hurt like 4 games into the season and never plays another minute for the Deacs or (b) he plays, but we still lose as a 5-seed in the NCAAT to like Utah State, then he leaves, we get no lasting recruiting bump, and it was basically like one of those dreams where you wake up and instantly forget it.

On the bright side, we aren't going to experience Giles committing to Wake and either (a) he gets hurt like 4 games into the season and never plays another minute for the Deacs or (b) he plays, but we still lose as a 5-seed in the NCAAT to like Utah State, then he leaves, we get no lasting recruiting bump, and it was basically like one of those dreams where you wake up and instantly forget it.

You have a point there.

lots of the typical responses when something goes bad for us. blame rondale, wellman, redacted. rj was wrong, we will hate him, why doesnt he want to be our savior? only one missing is the curse of the nutpunch so i will just toss that out there.

lots of the typical responses when something goes bad for us. blame rondale, wellman, redacted. rj was wrong, we will hate him, why doesnt he want to be our savior? only one missing is the curse of the nutpunch so i will just toss that out there.

You don't think that the 4 years of [Redacted] effectively killed our program?

Back