• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Les has had several bball reports. One thing that James Collins said caught my attention when he said that Sam could finish strong around the basket with either hand. Not commenting further.

Les has had several bball reports. One thing that James Collins said caught my attention when he said that Sam could finish strong around the basket with either hand. Not commenting further.

The author? I wondered what he was working on. Turns out his next bestseller will be about a season following the 2016-2017 Wake basketball team

bookcover1.png

I have heard that Sam's most college-ready skills include beer-pong, using a hotplate and washing his own clothes.

I'd trust this man:

james-collins-west-ham-premier-league_3391933.jpg

The advertisement for the Bahama games says that they will be aired on YouTube. I'm sure the feed will be awful, but at least we'll have a chance to see the team as opposed to reading reports.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Was pretty bummed we weren't going to get to watch. So we play UToronto, "CTG Knights", and the "Real Deal Shockers" (the latter two appear to be Bahamian teams). I know I shouldn't say this as a Wake fan but none of these should present much competition, right? The main perk is the additional practices, basically?

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Was pretty bummed we weren't going to get to watch. So we play UToronto, "CTG Knights", and the "Real Deal Shockers" (the latter two appear to be Bahamian teams). I know I shouldn't say this as a Wake fan but none of these should present much competition, right? The main perk is the additional practices, basically?

For this trip, it sure looks like the main perk is the practices. Team is supposed to get 10 actual practices before the first game. That is huge for this team. Even though they then have to take a break after the games until regular practice start time.

I have heard that Sam's most college-ready skills include beer-pong, using a hotplate and washing his own clothes.

Colleges haven't allowed hot plates since like 1985, but I like the joke anyway.

It's no surprise at this point, but Lavar Batts removed Wake from consideration (per VC).

ETA: No surprise because it doesn't seem like either side was interested after last summer.

Last edited:
Back