• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

ESPN's 9th ranked player in this class is a 6'11 C from Louisiana by the name of Mitchell Robinson. He's committed to Western Kentucky. Who has the scoop on that one?

He originally committed to A&M where W. Kentucky's now coach was his then lead recruiter. His godfather (Shammond Williams) is also on the coaching staff at W. Kentucky.

GDS just beat IMG 59-40 to advance to the semifinals of nationals. IMG starts three 5-stars.

GDS just beat IMG 59-40 to advance to the semifinals of nationals. IMG starts three 5-stars.

A little non-wake recruiting question. I know a lot of you guys live in NC and can follow NC high school hoops. In addition to being a wake fan, I am a temple fan since I graduated from there. JP Moorman is coming to temple and I know he plays for GDS. Whats the word on him from people that have seen him? In the 15 minutes I watched yesterday, he impressed me.

A little non-wake recruiting question. I know a lot of you guys live in NC and can follow NC high school hoops. In addition to being a wake fan, I am a temple fan since I graduated from there. JP Moorman is coming to temple and I know he plays for GDS. Whats the word on him from people that have seen him? In the 15 minutes I watched yesterday, he impressed me.

If an ACC team didn't offer him he ain't that good.

You rang?

Stephen-Curry-Streeter-Lecka-Getty-Images.jpg

Well this is pretty big hyperbole.

Moorman was actually offered by Virginia Tech.

He chose Temple over: Cincy, VPI, College of Charleston, Richmond, UCF, and UNC-W.

He is the 4th rated recruit in the state of NC and rated higher on 247Sports than UNC's center commit.

Interestingly enough, Temple has the No. 6 recruit in the state of NC too in Justyn Hamilton.

Last edited:

My impression of the GDS team for which he plays is that the are really tough, mean, and defensive-minded, which is how I envision the prototypical Temple player.

My impression of the GDS team for which he plays is that the are really tough, mean, and defensive-minded, which is how I envision the prototypical Temple player.

I picture them as having large eyes and oddly flexible necks.

Well this is pretty big hyperbole.

Moorman was actually offered by Virginia Tech.

He chose Temple over: Cincy, VPI, College of Charleston, Richmond, UCF, and UNC-W.

He is the 4th rated recruit in the state of NC and rated higher on 247Sports than UNC's center commit.

Interestingly enough, Temple has the No. 6 recruit in the state of NC too in Justyn Hamilton.

He was also offered and took an OV to Georgia Tech.

Edit: Maybe he didn't take that OV. It is only listed by Scout.com.

This past years Temple squad blew defensively. Too many young guys saw minutes that weren't ready. So if he is tough defensively, that would help a great deal. Has anyone seen him play in person?

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything concrete yet, but do know that Wake is in pretty good shape with Sarr. Hopefully he will commit soon.

If Sarr does wind up committing to Wake then we are officially out of scholarships until JC makes a decision, which eliminates the grad transfer market for the time being.

I haven't heard anything concrete yet, but do know that Wake is in pretty good shape with Sarr. Hopefully he will commit soon.

If Sarr does wind up committing to Wake then we are officially out of scholarships until JC makes a decision, which eliminates the grad transfer market for the time being.

By the way......

Back