• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Fair to say we are not in the running for any post-grads at this point?
I think the post grad option sailed when WF landed Sarr. Post grads want solid playing time guaranteed or to be lesser role player on a top 25 team with a chance to make a deep NCAA run. WF can't offer either this upcoming season.

I think the post grad option sailed when WF landed Sarr. Post grads want solid playing time guaranteed or to be lesser role player on a top 25 team with a chance to make a deep NCAA run. WF can't offer either this upcoming season.

Yeah we can.

Our problem with finding a post grad this year is that we don't have a specific area of need that we didn't address with recruiting.

We return a heavy dose of guard play. We signed two sf's that will get minutes and we have a 4 man post rotation. So it isn't not surprising to me that we didn't find a good post grad option. Some years you have a good fit and others you don't. The fact that Duke was scrambling also shows that this year was a weaker year for post grass anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 4 man post rotation includes three true centers. I'm curious to see how Manning will manage it. A true PF postgrad would have been a nice luxury.

Best strategy long term would be to not sign a guy if we can't play him big minutes. You want to keep the narrative that when we sign a post grad we play the post grad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going off of the assumption that MiKyle McIntosh is a secret verbal/transfer if/when he pulls out of the NBA draft.

CJ Bryce from UNCW to choose between NC state and South Carolina and announces on saturday.

I am going off of the assumption that MiKyle McIntosh is a secret verbal/transfer if/when he pulls out of the NBA draft.
May 24th was the decision deadline for players to pull out of the draft. McIntosh did pull himself out so he'll be a grad transfer next season.

Could be a McIntosh type or someone who needs 1 or 2 classes to graduate and can get them in the first summer session and then transfer as a post grad? Be funny if it was someone nobody even knew and was not on the original post grad list. Like Wrangor said though, you don't bring in a post grad to not play 15+ minutes per game so he has to be a decent player that offers something we lack currently.

The answer to the minutes questions won't be known until the post position is sorted out. Will one or more of the true centers be capsble of playing major minutes in ACC gsmes or will Dinos be shifted there? If Dinos is playing the 5, then there are a lot of minutes available at the 4. A grad PF would be useful.

All three centers are big ???? Right now. Doral -stamina and fouling issues. Sam-maturity and learning basketball. Sarr- mostly unknown. Does have international competition experience.

I'd still like to see a grad transfer 4 to play 20-25 min so Dinos could play 10-15 at C and 15-20 at PF.

Sam will be getting the most minutes by ACC play. I hope I'm wrong and Doral has improved a lot, but I think Sam is better.

Sam will be getting the most minutes by ACC play. I hope I'm wrong and Doral has improved a lot, but I think Sam is better.

right now, Sam is the better bet to play more but damn Doral has potential, if only the light would somehow go on this summer, supplemented by better conditioning

right now, Sam is the better bet to play more but damn Doral has potential, if only the light would somehow go on this summer, supplemented by better conditioning

Doral's physical situation is puzzling. His lung capacity/stamina seems to be way behind his height/length. He really has shown some flashes of great play, but only flashes so far. If he gets to the point where that level is sustainable, he could be pretty special. Right now that is a pretty big IF.

McIntosh would be a great fit and he would play plenty, but I'm sure he has a lot of p5 offers. he was one of the best players on a team just about as good as Wake was last year.

Doral will be in shape this year #sauces

That would be great news if he really is physically capable of giving 25+ min per game in the post.

Then the issue would be the fouls. Some of them I felt were fatigue fouls - bringing his arms down on guys, partly because he was tired of holding them up.

That would be great news if he really is physically capable of giving 25+ min per game in the post.

Then the issue would be the fouls. Some of them I felt were fatigue fouls - bringing his arms down on guys, partly because he was tired of holding them up.
He does it all the time, not just when he's tired. The good news is that it's correctable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

McIntosh would be a great fit and he would play plenty, but I'm sure he has a lot of p5 offers. he was one of the best players on a team just about as good as Wake was last year.

Who has space at this point? Plenty of grad transfers have already landed somewhere.

Back