• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Am I correct that we can take 1 more in 2017 even if Collins stays? I'm counting Arians, TVH, and McClinton assuming he is going the grad transfer route.

Would have to think at least one of Mitchell or McClinton transfers.

I don't see the John Collins comparisons at all. Aside from maybe on the defensive end (in that he can block shots when helping other defenders, but isn't all that great in guarding his man).

Having said that, it would help fill a hole... There will be plenty of available minutes in the paint when/if Collins bolts. But this guy looks like a project and not a day one contributor (more Moore than Collins... though I can't think of a real WFU comp).

Also was teammate of 18 stud Jaylen Hoard, maybe Danny is working on a package deal. Lock em up Danny.

This would be a big get for Manning. Could help us compensate for losing Collins and help us get Hoard for 2018. Would give us a real chance to sustain and then build on the progress we've made this season.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '17 4-star C Olivier Sarr visiting Wake this w...

Also was teammate of 18 stud Jaylen Hoard, maybe Danny is working on a package deal. Lock em up Danny.

So how did a French stud wing end up playing in High Point? This type of move seems to have a college coach's name on it.

This would be a big get for Manning. Could help us compensate for losing Collins and help us get Hoard for 2018. Would give us a real chance to sustain and then build on the progress we've made this season.

Would we have room for Starr in the event that Collins came back next year? McClinton would have to go the grad transfer route, correct?

Yes, 2 spots guaranteed plus another if McClinton or someone else transfers.

Would we have room for Starr in the event that Collins came back next year? McClinton would have to go the grad transfer route, correct?

Correct. Which he should do regardless. He could be productive for a mid major program.

So how many spots open? 1 or 2? From the chart of the first page, we currently have 0 spots open, but I do understand McClinton will likely do a grad transfer.

I'm sure this has been discussed a ton, but do we know if McClinton would be considered a grad transfer that could play right away next year? If not, I don't see why he'd leave to sit out a year before playing again (if he could even do that... that'd be 6 years of college).

Seems more likely that Mitchell transfers (or someone else we aren't considering).

But given our track record of roster turnover, I'm sure we'd have room.

Back