• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Some random dude who is under 50% on his picks. Doubt he knows anything new, just trying to pick up a freebie where the current picks are all one way.

Not too worried either way. The deacs will be just fine regardless.

Having said that I sure as hell hope we sway him this week.

Wonder if Ayo has realized that a Conductor needs someone to conduct? Seems Illinois is woefully
short on pieces to conduct

Ventured over to the Illinois message board to see how they're feeling about the Ayo sweepstakes. They seem pretty confident, and not saying they shouldn't, but the most ridiculous post by far are responses to a post that mentions Wake's academics:

"Academics are about even by most sources" and then even better:

"The academic rankings aren't even close. According to the World University Rankings, the UI is 36th, Wake Forest is 294th. The UI ranks 16th in the world in engineering, 18th in computer science, 21st in physical sciences, 24th in the world in Nobel Prize winners and is #1 in the BIG in all 4 areas. I have been to Wake's campus many times. I like ours better."

Ventured over to the Illinois message board to see how they're feeling about the Ayo sweepstakes. They seem pretty confident, and not saying they shouldn't, but the most ridiculous post by far are responses to a post that mentions Wake's academics:

"Academics are about even by most sources" and then even better:

"The academic rankings aren't even close. According to the World University Rankings, the UI is 36th, Wake Forest is 294th. The UI ranks 16th in the world in engineering, 18th in computer science, 21st in physical sciences, 24th in the world in Nobel Prize winners and is #1 in the BIG in all 4 areas. I have been to Wake's campus many times. I like ours better."
C8BGKssXUAAesXp.jpg

The fact that he says the next few days will be tough at least makes me feel better than nothing. If it was such a slam dunk he would commit already. Still think Illinois is the favorite but it’s amazing what Danny has done on this one, Win or lose.

sounds good for us.....i hate when they commit the day after visit.....at least we have some time til family meeting...if danny goes backoutthere, I'll feel better

Danny should hop on a flight to see Ayo ASAP to get the last pitch in. Bring it home

He doesn't owe Wake anything. He does have to say stuff like that to let down Illini fans easily.

Picture this:

Starting five:
BC
Ayo
Chaundee
Hoard
Sarr

Second five:
Chill
Key
Mucius
SJM