• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

i think melo is gonna look like mcclinton a bit out there with his number, like chaundeac rocking 23 #hotnumbertakes

C9ojyjNXcAEnEA6.jpg

That picture makes them all look about the same height. Maybe Chaundee is 6'9 now. :)

Eh. He didn't even mention us in that interview. That's not a good sign at all.

Reminds me of how Giles used to talk to national reporters sometimes. We just couldn't believe it.

Yep. Let's hope the staff has learned their lesson.

I am not overly jazzed by the grad transfers this year. Arians filed an obvious need.

Macintosh reminds me of the grad transfer we had under bzd. Played the 4. Did okay. Shot a bad 3pt %. Can't v think off his name. Had a goatee.

Lane should go to pitt. Will get pt. Pitt has had success w lanes. Pitt akso recruiting a kid named check back dong. For real

Maybe it wasn't Leonard... Because that was Manning's first year. But I can't imagine who else you'd be thinking of.

That's who I was thinking of. He did okay. A 6'9" stretch 4 who was a below average rebounder and low % 3point shooter. Defense was adequate. That is what MacIntosh looks like to me. I personally would rather take a few lumps early and play our frosh and sophs and see who emerges than stop gap with a grad transfer who might look good against inferior talent and then disappear in the ACC schedule when it would have been great to have more experienced underclassmen step up. That's my hot take - one I admit comes with some hope and prayer to our current roster of bigs and 4s. I also think Rich Washington could be a good player for us starting next year. Not a lot of minutes, but will interesting to see what a spring and summer in the weight room do for him.

I think Lane is a board pounder. Re made his body as he was a fat boy in high school. Be worth it if he got on the offensive glass especially.

Am I the only one who thinks Sunday will possibly be a contributor? I love his mentality about defense and rebounding. Another Teachey in spot time on the wing.

Eventually? Yes. Not this year though. Manning has a high bar for bigs getting on the floor.

I would rather go hard after Sharone Wright, i feel the staff is wasting time on Dotson.

As long as we have learned from Giles and allocate our resources wisely then I don't see why we can't focus on both.

We just need to be realistic.

Am I the only one who thinks Sunday will possibly be a contributor? I love his mentality about defense and rebounding. Another Teachey in spot time on the wing.

I'll be highly surprised (albeit pleasantly so) if Sunday ends up being a contributor. Big jump from the Fairchester Athletic Association (which includes such h.s. powerhouses as Brunswick School, Rye Country Day, Hopkins, King, Hamden Hall, St. Luke's, Masters and Green FArms Academy) to the ACC. But he does have a big body, and he finished his h.s. season strong after battling injuries.

I think Lane is a board pounder. Re made his body as he was a fat boy in high school. Be worth it if he got on the offensive glass especially.

Lane only averaged 1.9 ORB per 40 minutes last year. By comparison -

Collins - 5.7
McClinton - 4.3
SJM - 4.1
Moore - 3.9
Dinos - 2.9

Macintosh reminds me of the grad transfer we had under bzd. Played the 4. Did okay. Shot a bad 3pt %. Can't v think off his name. Had a goatee.

Darius Leonard came from a 12-20 Campbell team. McIntosh put up better stats than Leonard on a 28-7 Illinois State team that nearly made the NCAAT. McIntosh appears to also be a much better ball handler and athlete than Leonard was.

As long as we have learned from Giles and allocate our resources wisely then I don't see why we can't focus on both.

We just need to be realistic.
Plus, there are limits to the amount of contact a team can have with a recruit. It's 7 contacts/evaluations per recruit per academic year.

As Doofus said, so as long as WF is not prioritizing Dotson at Wright's expense, it is not a mutually exclusive situation.

Last edited:
Back