• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

He was wrong about Collins too. Should have had him as a 5*

Why? 5* recruits should be those who are expected to have major contributions immediately to any program they join. That was certainly not the case for Collins. His dramatic improvement doesn't mean he was rated incorrectly...high 3*/low 4* seems appropriate for where he was when he came to college. Collins became a 5* player, but saying he should have been rated that way out of HS is wrong.

I think Sarr will get 5-10 MPG.

Moore, SJM, and Sarr could total anywhere from 10-50 minutes combined depending on their progress and options at PF including Mitchell and a post-grad.

I guarantee Sarr will be a better freshman than Moore

But hey, at least now we know that any foreigner who played for a national team is better than an American recruit who didn't.

Moore/SJM/Sarr = 15 fouls per game. Not sure how many minutes that gets you, though.

Looking forward to seeing SJM next fall... Ryan Horn posted a cool video on Instagram of SJM front-squatting 95lbs in July 2016 and then cleaning/front-squatting 215 on April 13th (weighing 25lbs less). I like SJM's skills... definitely think his athleticism is what needs the most improvement, so I am excited we have Ryan Horn getting him in shape.

Big Ryan Horn fan.

95 pounds ? WTF ? How did he manage to get out of a chair ?

95 pounds ? WTF ? How did he manage to get out of a chair ?

I doubt that was his max (just as I doubt 215 is his current max)... It is just a working weight for whatever sets they were doing.

Bottom line is that he looks a lot better already and another summer can only help.

That would be a cool Instagram video. Just Sam getting up from a chair a bunch of times with Our Beard cheering him and counting for him.

Moore/SJM/Sarr = 15 fouls per game. Not sure how many minutes that gets you, though.

Looking forward to seeing SJM next fall... Ryan Horn posted a cool video on Instagram of SJM front-squatting 95lbs in July 2016 and then cleaning/front-squatting 215 on April 13th (weighing 25lbs less). I like SJM's skills... definitely think his athleticism is what needs the most improvement, so I am excited we have Ryan Horn getting him in shape.

Big Ryan Horn fan.

More like 12 fouls since manning sits guys for long periods to avoid them fouling out. You gotta earn the priviledge of playing with foul trouble.

You were also a big Washington fan. While the jury is still out on him, we need guys who can contribute next year.

My caveat with Washington was always that it would take 2 years. He is a junior contributor. I will admit that RW HS looked even weaker than I expected. He has to grow his frame. If he can't he won't play at this level.

Melo will contribute much much sooner. I am not certain Melo is a Stud, but we could have used him this year. Shot seems decent enough and super long and in control of his game. I see him getting some spot minutes next year for sure. Can't wait to see what kind of defenders he and brown are. Their metrics are pretty exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Sarr picks Wake; post-grad prospects in 1st post

Wrangor, have you watched Melo in the Crab Ball Classic? I posted a link to the full game last week. I watched a bit. There's a lot to like especially his handles. He definitely looks like he could get minutes at the 2 or 3.

Yes and I agree. He is a swing guard. Needs to work on his shot and be a threat. Going to make an impact with his length almost immediately and by the time he has filled out he will be tough. Has really good rhythm on the bounce. He is a heck of a lot better than he is being rated imo.

Physicality will be a problem at first for sure.
I don't see a ton of minutes for him in his first year. Brown is bettter and more ready immediately. But Melo should be a really good contributor before he leaves the black and gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back