• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Nope, I don't deal in unsubstantiated rumors. I would trade Manning for Keatts and throw in our entire recruiting class, plus a recruit to be named later.

i take pride in being a wake fan because i know we are above the things keatts is currently doing over there...ill always enjoy that about wake because i know we can also be successful, we have done it in the past and are doing it now in other sports. basketball is going through some major changes, and the fact ncstates name is already atop the list of dirty schools does not bode well for them. like one already stated, it will be hilarious when they are put on probation when unc skated

First part of a Q&A series with Isaiah Mucius, if you folks are interested. Really enjoyed chatting with him last night. Impressive guy.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...s-to-impact-Wake-Forest-Basketball--118315867

Nice interview. After all the defections this offseason It’s not hard to see that our locker room was a mess last year. That doesn’t help in close, stress filled games. Hopefully those departed were the right ones and our freshman class will give us the boost and energy we need to take the next step as a program.

Nice interview. After all the defections this offseason It’s not hard to see that our locker room was a mess last year. That doesn’t help in close, stress filled games. Hopefully those departed were the right ones and our freshman class will give us the boost and energy we need to take the next step as a program.

It's interesting you say that (I tend to agree, btw). I remember chatting with Dan Collins at some point in the last few years about Wake (can't even remember which sport) potentially having 'addition through subtraction.' He responded with 'That's all well and good, but at some point you need addition through addition too."

Perhaps the class coming in provides that.

We were better than them last year in my opinion but choked miserably in the clutch (seemed to be a theme). We lost less talent and gained more. At worst we split with them this year.

That's one reason we weren't better than them last year.

State went 21-11 (11-7). We went 11-20 (4-14). State was better last year.

Imagine how much better we would have needed to be to win 21 games. We haven't won 21 games overall and 11 in conference since 2009. That was our best season since CP3.

Last edited:
That NC State beat us both home and away by a total of 15 last year, came within 1 win of having twice as many overall wins as us, came within 1 win of having 3 times as many ACC wins as us, beat both UNC and Duke who we have 0 wins against in the last 4 years, and was 48 in the beloved Kenpom to our 89, is doing very little to convince me that WFU was better than NCSU last year.

i take pride in being a wake fan because i know we are above the things keatts is currently doing over there...ill always enjoy that about wake because i know we can also be successful, we have done it in the past and are doing it now in other sports. basketball is going through some major changes, and the fact ncstates name is already atop the list of dirty schools does not bode well for them. like one already stated, it will be hilarious when they are put on probation when unc skated

Maybe Wake can hang a bunch of pretentious ACC moral victory banners.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

That NC State beat us both home and away by a total of 15 last year, came within 1 win of having twice as many overall wins as us, came within 1 win of having 3 times as many ACC wins as us, beat both UNC and Duke who we have 0 wins against in the last 4 years, and was 48 in the beloved Kenpom to our 89, is doing very little to convince me that WFU was better than NCSU last year.

Meh, we gave them the game in Raleigh. We were the better team all night and like so many times last year folded in the clutch. I didn’t say we had a better season (obviously not the case). What made last year so frustrating was that we were actually the better team in many of our losses. We played well enough to win and then we would just hand the game over i. The final 4 minutes. At state is a perfect example. Our home game against state was a different story. They were the better team that night but even so we had the ball with 10 secs left down 4, so it isn’t as though they ran roughshod over us.

But I’ll take our chances against State this year. Give me:

Crawford
Chill
Brown
Hoard
Sarr
Mucius
Melo

And Whatever 2-3 other players fill the lineup vs. what state has coming back. Losing Doral and Mitchell hurt our depth, but our true talent base is still there.

Regardless of whether Manning returns in 19-20 I like our young players better than theirs.

The idea that State is ‘tiers’ above Wake is a pretty silly notion. The loss of Yurtseven is going to hit them much harder than our loss of Moore.

Last edited:
Meh, we gave them the game in Raleigh. We were the better team all night and like so many times last year folded in the clutch. I didn’t say we had a better season (obviously not the case). What made last year so frustrating was that we were actually the better team in many of our losses. We played well enough to win and then we would just hand the game over i. The final 4 minutes. At state is a perfect example. Our home game against state was a different story. They were the better team that night but even so we had the ball with 10 secs left down 4, so it isn’t as though they ran roughshod over us.

Crawford
Chill
Brown
Hoard
Sarr
Mucius
Melo

And Whatever 2-3 other players fill the lineup vs. what state has coming back. Losing Doral and Mitchell hurt our depth, but our true talent base is still there.

Regardless of whether Manning returns in 19-20 I like our young players better than theirs.

The idea that State is ‘tiers’ above Wake is a pretty silly notion. The loss of Yurtseven is going to hit them much harder than our loss of Moore.

I feel a little bit bad for you man, this is how i felt last summer. I was convinced that we could win 20 games because Crawford, Moore and Woods were a great core with Childress and Wilbekin helping and Brown in coming we were going to be just fine following Collins’ departure.

I feel a little bit bad for you man, this is how i felt last summer. I was convinced that we could win 20 games because Crawford, Moore and Woods were a great core with Childress and Wilbekin helping and Brown in coming we were going to be just fine following Collins’ departure.

But then, no coaching.

We were better than them last year in my opinion but choked miserably in the clutch (seemed to be a theme). We lost less talent and gained more. At worst we split with them this year.

States two best players last season were sitting on the bench.

Crawford
Chill
Brown
Hoard
Sarr
Mucius
Melo

I assume Manning will still be coaching that bunch.

You are one positive SOB. I'll have some of whatever Wrangor drinks in the evenings.

46 >>> 89
21-12 (11-7) >>> 11-20 (4-14)

durrrr

Crawford
Chill
Brown
Hoard
Sarr
Mucius
Melo

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to my opinion, even though my opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Would be interested in hearing your opinion of my opinion of your opinion.

Or we could just have a discussion about our differing viewpoints....

We weren't better than state last year. In any conceivable metric.

You alternate between bitching about how bad the fans are around here and then making statements like the above- the same type of statements that we would (and did) mock when state fans made them during the 90s-2000s (you know, back when we had a legitimate basketball program).

If you want to discuss why you think Wake will be better than State next year, have at it- I don't tend to agree, but that is what message boards (and pre-season sports discussion in general) is for. But the quote above belies you knowledge of the game.

Back