• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

If CJ wants to move his draft stock up, he should go somewhere that likes to use bigs and where he'd be featured.

The concept remains. I would bet Bolden didn’t go to duke to be a role player his entire career.
Yeah, 3.7 PPG and 11.6 MPG were probably not the numbers K was using when he was doing that convincing this past offseason.

Hard to play basketball when you're injured.

Thus far in his Duke career Bolden has played on a per game average:

8.5 Minutes

2 Field Goal Attempts
0.6 Free Throw Attempts

2.3 Points
1.9 Rebounds
0.2 Assists

If that isn't a cautionary tale for a top recruit like Montgomery, I don't know what else could be. I am not saying it is a bad decision to go to Duke, clearly they are the elite program. But if you do decide to go there, you had better make sure you are the best at your position, because if not you are going to sit, and your basketball career will be stifled. Who knows what kind of press a guy like Bolden would be getting had he decided to go somewhere else where he would actually see the floor. No way Montgomery heads to Duke if he has any inkling of risk management. To be honest I think that the recruiting services moved him way up the rankings so that they would have some buzz in the spring with a recruit. Way more fun to talk about where the #6 recruit might be headed than where the #29 recruit might be headed. Montgomery is a stud, but I don't see him as any better than other guys in the top 30.

I sure hope Danny performs a miracle and gets him here though. He would be a difference maker for our team.

Rotating twin towers with Doral, Sarr and EJ would be a nightmare for opponents. 25 min per game each, with 5 left over for someone like D. Mitchell in a "smaller" lineup.

Rotating twin towers with Doral, Sarr and EJ would be a nightmare for opponents. 25 min per game each, with 5 left over for someone like D. Mitchell in a "smaller" lineup.

It would be like that time we had NBA HOF Tim Duncan and NCAA Final Four All-Star Loren Woods!

Last edited:
It would be like that time we had NBA HOF Tim Duncan and NCAA Final Four All-Star Loren Woods!

Tim and Loren never could play beside each other very well. Doral and Olivier have shown this season that at least in stretches they can play with each other.

Tim and Loren never could play beside each other very well. Doral and Olivier have shown this season that at least in stretches they can play with each other.

Could Woods play well along side anybody very well? 2.6 points per game career average in the NBA.

SCOOOOOP I'll take top 5 for now. Get it done Danny (please)!

By "not call us a leader" you mean we're probably in the bottom 1 or 2 of the five, right? Sounds different than we are not *the* leader. Also, what about Cuse and their crystal ball? They're not a blue blood, have you heard who the other 4 are?

Its nice to be in a top recruit's top 5, but you need a decent backup plan as we saw with Giles.

Dook seems like a bad choice for EJ

Unfortunately, kids make bad choices all the time. If he goes there, I hope he knows what he will be getting into. Every kid at that level thinks he is good enough to start and be a one and done. Doesn't always work that way,

Any momentum we had in 19 recruiting is basically gone. My source doesnt like our chances with any top guys.

This thing between Duke and Nike is egregious and at some point everyone else is going to be the Washington generals or there needs to be some change. Giles hit close to home Zion williamson is the last straw for me. Giles was certainly promised a shoe deal. Might as well pay. Its like ok wait a year you get X.

They need to be allowed to go straight to the NBA. Stupid. WIlliams said it was a " business decision" yes, it is. wink wink nod nod

Back