• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block, rebound, and dunk - if he can do those three things already he'll have plenty of time to learn how to shoot while on campus.

Oxford Town, Oxford Town
Everybody’s got their heads bowed down
The sun don’t shine above the ground
I am a-going down to Oxford Town

He committed to Iowa St.

Thanks for the info.

I'm not that disappointed in not getting him. If he didn't get a waiver, he'd tie up a scholarship for three years. We have multiple guys like him. I think Forbes and his staff can find a better and more needed player next year.

Hinson would have been a great pickup to fill minutes at the 4.

Not sure where the staff goes from here...

Transfers and Graduate Transfers are hard to get at Wake with their unwillingness to accept credits from some other schools. Except for Stanford, we have the toughest time with transfer credits than just about anyone in the country. Personally I think this Okpomo commit is a win-win for us, he can fill an area of need and could develop into a critical piece by his junior year and occasionally even in his first 2 years.

PF?? He's listed as a 6'7 guard on ESPN and as a G/F by Ole Miss.

Transfers and Graduate Transfers are hard to get at Wake with their unwillingness to accept credits from some other schools. Except for Stanford, we have the toughest time with transfer credits than just about anyone in the country. Personally I think this Okpomo commit is a win-win for us, he can fill an area of need and could develop into a critical piece by his junior year and occasionally even in his first 2 years.

We needed a body in the middle. He played good D and boarded well on a top team. I'm wondering about his outlet passing. That could be very helpful.

Supposedly 1 scholly left to give. Will Forbes use it or save it for next year?

I have been saying this since the quote came out that Forbes wants to use all his scholarships: They will look but I would be shocked if they filled that extra slot

*goes back to my hole of football*

If you can’t get an impact guy with the last scholly i would hold it until next year.

I watched a 3 minute highlight vid of Hinson and he def looked like he could spot some college 4 minutes, regardless of whatever the position designation listed is. It was mostly pull ups, but he's not like a lean, fast perimeter guy. I know they have very different games, but he's listed at 6'7" 229, while Mutts is listed at 6'7" 220 and Mutts was definitely targeted as a PF.

But we're getting neither, so it doesn't matter.

If you can’t get an impact guy with the last scholly i would hold it until next year.

Especially if you are thinking about giving it to a multi-year player. If a grad player drops out of the sky, I'd have less problems with using it.

With all the work the staff is doing, I'd love to see a four player class next year rather than a three player one with a late, multi-year transfer.

Les has alluded to this being an issue for at least 2 interested transfers since Forbes took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back