• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball recruiting update 4/26/11

DeaconKing

Reaction score
Not too much today, but a few interesting tidbits...

Eric Katenda, a 2011 forward, is set to announce his decision this afternoon. It's between us and Notre Dame, and to a lesser degree, Iowa. It was relayed to me that while our staff hasn't heard anything definite yet, "they aren't optimistic" about this one. The smart money is on ND, but it'd be a pleasent surprise if he signs with us.

Thomas de Taey is a guy whos name keeps coming up.

At this point, I'd be shocked if Melvin Tabb isn't back with the Deacs next year. He's won over the assistants. It seems like Coach [Redacted] is just waiting to see his spring semester grades.

RJ Hunter, a guard from Indiana, will not be following his father to Georgia State like many expected. Though the smart money for the remaining scholarship here is on a forward, Hunter is the type of talent you don't turn away.

The names to remember here are Greg McClinton, Kennedy Meeks, Patrick Rooks and Major Canday.

Not sure how DeaconKing still has 1 bar of rep. Posrep. Thanks for all the info.

RJ Hunter is the shooting guard, correct? Is he really as much of a talent as you say? I'd certainly heard his name before, but I didn't know he was the kind of guy worth turning away someone like Woodbury.

Speaking of Woodbury, have you heard anything about him?

Thanks for the update. It'll be a shame if we don't get Katenda but I think that everyone is expecting ND so it won't be a big surprise if we don't get him.

The lastthing we need is another SG. no reason to get RJ Hunter.

RJ Hunter, a guard from Indiana, will not be following his father to Georgia State like many expected. Though the smart money for the remaining scholarship here is on a forward, Hunter is the type of talent you don't turn away.

I don't get this. This is his ESPN eval:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/67479/rj-hunter

Not exactly glowing, and ESPN is typically very positive. I don't understand why we would take him over Woodbury or Jankovic.

Not sure how DeaconKing still has 1 bar of rep. Posrep. Thanks for all the info.

RJ Hunter is the shooting guard, correct? Is he really as much of a talent as you say? I'd certainly heard his name before, but I didn't know he was the kind of guy worth turning away someone like Woodbury.

Speaking of Woodbury, have you heard anything about him?

Great point. Posrep for DeaconKing!

HawkeyeInsider Rob Howe
Prediction Based on What I've Heard: Gabe Olaseni to #Iowa; Eric Katenda to #Wake. #hawkeyes

We have NO reason to sign him. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we signed any SG in 2012 (with a possible exception of DeVauntes Sith-Rivera <Rivera-Smith>).

We have NO reason to sign him. I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we signed any SG in 2012 (with a possible exception of DeVauntes Sith-Rivera <Rivera-Smith>).

Agreed. The last thing we need is another shooting guard. Not for 2012 anyway.

tonysroe Tony Roe
Sounds like Katenda is pretty much a Wake Forest lock. Olaseni likely headed to #Iowa.

waterfront75.jpg

Back