• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC: Keys to victory

I didn't wanna start a new thread for this but is the wake v BC game NOT going to be televised by anyone anywhere?

Should be able to see it through Watch ESPN. It's showing on their upcoming schedule for Saturday at 1pm. Can't believe it's not on actual TV though!

Yep, I was "lucky" enough to go to both of those games.

this Saturday we'll be singing a different tune. GO DEACS

Hmm. Do you have any wins at BC on your resume? If not, you are hereby banned from going to the Wake-BC game Saturday. The boards have spoken.

Hmm. Do you have any wins at BC on your resume? If not, you are hereby banned from going to the Wake-BC game Saturday. The boards have spoken.

You know, I don't think I do. I'll take the ban in stride.

I've been twice. In 05 when we were up 20-0 I believe. Then the legend of Matty Ice was born. Then I went again in 07 when we jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, but blew yet another lead. Also, it didn't help that Skinner tore his shoulder up that game. Needless to say, I doubt I'll ever go back to that house of horrors.

I've been twice. In 05 when we were up 20-0 I believe. Then the legend of Matty Ice was born. Then I went again in 07 when we jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, but blew yet another lead. Also, it didn't help that Skinner tore his shoulder up that game. Needless to say, I doubt I'll ever go back to that house of horrors.

Didn't Belton get a nasty knee injury that 07 game also?

Stay with the blocks on their tough D-line, get off quick strike passes and get to their second levels. Control the clock and don't turn the ball over. We will win by 10 points.

Stay with the blocks on their tough D-line, get off quick strike passes and get to their second levels. Control the clock and don't turn the ball over. We will win by 10 points.

Clawson said last night on the radio show that quick passes are tough because they play press man. So, the quick passes are usually covered and they try to force you to hold the ball longer for separation to develop which in turn gives their pass rush time to get to the opposing QB. Sounds like our line needs to protect really well and our receivers need to be physical against their press man.

Clawson said last night on the radio show that quick passes are tough because they play press man. So, the quick passes are usually covered and they try to force you to hold the ball longer for separation to develop which in turn gives their pass rush time to get to the opposing QB. Sounds like our line needs to protect really well and our receivers need to be physical against their press man.

Hopefully we aren't afraid to put the ball up. I'll take an experienced, athletic WR over a CB on a straight go/fade route, even if its a 50/50 jump ball, every single time. Plus Lewis and Washington should have significant size advantages.

Quick passes to Hines and Dortch are the key to the season. I don't think we can get by with slants to Cam and 50/50 (more like 30/70) deep balls.

Weather change....now a 40% chance of showers during the game.

Press man is not super hard to beat in those situations. Just run (legal) pick plays to create the space needed to get open.

Back