• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Before u jump on the Ben Howland bandwagon...

Whatever the negativity of the article Howland through what looks like amounts to pure spiteful dickishness screwed up the bountiful pipeline he had at arguably the best at least most historic university in the land.

Wake Forest in its current state cannot have a return of that Howland especially for the top coin he is demanding. I for one think Wellman would love for Marquette to take Howland and his big name. They've been pretty damn successful and can afford to gamble a bit for the sake of the big name hire.

older-man-using-computer12.jpg

This made me laugh!

Whatever the negativity of the article Howland through what looks like amounts to pure spiteful dickishness screwed up the bountiful pipeline he had at arguably the best at least most historic university in the land.

Wake Forest in its current state cannot have a return of that Howland especially for the top coin he is demanding. I for one think Wellman would love for Marquette to take Howland and his big name. They've been pretty damn successful and can afford to gamble a bit for the sake of the big name hire.

Thanks Jimbob. We can agree to disagree then. I say swing for the fences. It can't get any worse my friend.

that first sentence is just absolute poetry.

Even if everything in that article is wholly and completely true, I'm still having a bit of trouble getting past that little gem buried all the way in the first effing sentence noting that he "led UCLA to three Final Fours in 10 seasons" -- a debate we won't be having about any of our other coaching candidates.

Old article is old, Howland was still a dick for waiting until the recruiting period was over to pull that kids offer. He'd still be a solid hire for us.

I would be ecstatic to get Ben Howland as our coach.

Ben Howland took teams to THREE Final Fours. In Wake's 60 plus years in the ACC, we have been to exactly one.

Back