• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Film of 1994

What is the best film of 1994?

• Total voters
Would have gone with Pulp Fiction in the day, but it just doesn't seem to hold up IMO. Shawshank on the other hand is timeless

I said Dumb and Dumber because I still find it hilarious to this day. Pulp Fiction is an incredible movie. I also enjoyed Clerks a lot from that year.

220px-D_two_the_mighty_ducks.jpg

went with pulp fiction tho

How is this anything other than Shawshank?

Get busy livin' or get busy singin' hakuna matata

no but seriously, shawshank

I checked "other" for Ed Wood, which is the year's best film by a substantial margin to me.

My documentary write-in would have been for Crumb.

Last edited:
hoop dreams is so awesome although i've only been able to watch it one sitting once, that jam is LONG

Quiz Show is such a random movie. Haven't thought about that movie in years.

For fun

Maverick-movie-poster-1994-picture-MOV_380cbe18_b.jpg

It was a great year in film, but you've all overlooked the obvious answer

Speed-movie-poster-1994-picture-MOV_f82681fe_b.jpg

Goddamn a lot of good ass movies that year

If you haven't seen a troll in central park, you must. It is like looking into the face of God and seeing him smiling back saying "You are my most wonderous creation"

imgage.php

Last edited:
I'll add that I can't see the poll on tapatalk but I think Natural Born Killers was '94 (maybe 95?) and I think that is a horribly overrated movie (based on the fact I had it on the syllabus of an "Important American Films" syllabus at Wake). If it wasn't 94 then my argument doesn't fly on this thread.

It's certainly not close if you set Hoop Dreams aside. Pulp Fiction is probably the best non (true) indie film of the decade. It has aged impeccably, is iconic throughout in its dialogue (flock of seagulls), had a brilliant sound track, was perfectly edited, reintroduced us to John Travolta, included Walken's finest moment and most importantly kick started cinema in the early 90s. It is a masterpiece almost on the level of Chinatown.

Back