• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Hall & Oates song?

Can't choose just one. Here's my top 10:

I Can't Go For That
Forever For You
Do What You Want, Be What You Are
She's Gone
Romeo Is Bleeding
Out Of Touch
Say It Isn't So
Wait For Me
Rich Girl
Back Together Again

No Private Eye Eyes? C'mon man! I'll take Adult Education. Love that song.

Rich Girl, Sara Smile and She's Gone are all formidable entries.

As I get older, I appreciate them more, even their pop stuff like Private Eyes, You Make My Dreams Come True, Kiss Is On My List, etc... Their stuff like One On One and Maneater, while I thought it to be poppy at the time, is really more in line with the R&B of the early to mid 80s before it was swallowed up by the abomination known as hip hop.

Live From Daryl's House is mandatory viewing. Hall still has great pipes, and his house band is legit. Lots of interesting guests on that show.

Here's one that will blow your mind from his solo album he did with Robert Fripp...

I think One on One is kind of legit, too. I never liked Hall & Oates at all growing up and it's only been in the last year or so that I kind of went back; I forget what made me pick Abandoned Luncheonette -- probably the presence of She's Gone -- but that album is great and touches on a lot of different styles deftly and naturally. It has a lot of soul, too.

I listened to the album with Fripp a while back and remembered being melted by a couple of things, but it was kind of on in the background -- I need to check it out again.

No Private Eye Eyes? C'mon man! I'll take Adult Education. Love that song.

Great songs, definitely in the next 10 along with Your Imagination, Maneater, Family Man, etc.

Bigger Than The Both Of Us is also an awesome album. Lot of Gamble & Huff Philly soul influenced stuff on it.

How about favorite Live From Daryl's House performances? Here's mine:

Heart Of Stone - Dave Stewart
Eyes For You - Jason Mraz
Strange Arrangement - Jason Hawthorne
Cab Driver - Keb Mo
Satellite - Guster
Nothing But A Miracle - Diane Birch
Can We Still Be Friends - Todd Rundgren
Wake Up Everybody - Travis McCoy
Be Thankful For What You Got - Rumer
What A Catch Donnie - Patrick Stump

i'm just going to assume everyone who didn't say Sara Smile hasn't actually heard that song. that me remedy that for you all.

I love all of their songs, but Sara Smile wins hands down

I've got a soft spot for Out of Touch.

Rich Girl is great, very "Wake Forest."

I celebrate the entire H to the Izzo catalog as a Yacht Rock aficionado.

While "She's Gone" is not my favorite Hall and Oates song, the video gets my vote as the greatest "Mail it in, don't give a shit" video of all time. It sucks so bad that it is actually awesome.

I think they are both stoned.

pretty good cover of "I Can't Go for That" in a van (unclear whether it is down by the river)

"Private Eyes" was on someone's tailgate playlist in College Park yesterday.

Sara Smile FTW. Hall & Oates ,the greatest product Temple University has ever produced.

Back