• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best wine for under $40

That Gigondas is gonna slap. I'd open it an hour or so before you wanna drink it for sure to give it some time.

Related but tangential to the region: I'm a slut for syrah around Thanksgiving. I drink it like twice a year and always have some on Thanksgiving.

Big Bordeaux guy.

My dad drinks more wine than anyone I know but he’s into cabs mostly and will probably bring a case

Those mystery Last Bottle cases yesterday were tempting. Anyone take part? Our 14 bottles from the marathon just arrived last week, so I couldn't justify.

Haha same boat. Kinda regret it now.

Gonna try to convince my wife to open up a fun bottle of wine Sunday while I yell at the Panthers. Wish me luck friends.

I’ve got two bottles of 2009 Arpepe single vineyard - Nebbiolo from Gattinara north of the Piedmont. Thinking Thanksgiving is a good time to crack that. Need to work on the food menu then pair backwards from there

Those mystery Last Bottle cases yesterday were tempting. Anyone take part? Our 14 bottles from the marathon just arrived last week, so I couldn't justify.
i also have about 2 cases to unpack from the marathon as well

Did the article where the Last Bottle guys are getting sued get posted here? It's for that Sleeper Beckstoffer to Kalon cab a while back that they weren't supposed to give details about. I think they even posted something like "our lawyers will be furious that we told you this" or something in the description. I have one of them so now it feels like contraband, ha.

Gonna try to convince my wife to open up a fun bottle of wine Sunday while I yell at the Panthers. Wish me luck friends.

I’ve got two bottles of 2009 Arpepe single vineyard - Nebbiolo from Gattinara north of the Piedmont. Thinking Thanksgiving is a good time to crack that. Need to work on the food menu then pair backwards from there
I’m not sure the Panthers are worthy of that wine, but just one of the sacrifices a true fan endures.

Did the article where the Last Bottle guys are getting sued get posted here? It's for that Sleeper Beckstoffer to Kalon cab a while back that they weren't supposed to give details about. I think they even posted something like "our lawyers will be furious that we told you this" or something in the description. I have one of them so now it feels like contraband, ha.
They’re pretty stingy with NDAs on “secret labels” and grapes sold off higher end properties in Napa so lol yeah

Sipping a sparkling 2021 St. Laurent from Cruse Wine company out of California. Was expecting it to be a Blancs de Noir when I opened it but it’s a rose style. St. Laurent normally grown in Austria but like most grapes California has the microclimates to basically make any wine you want to if you find the right locations. Cap top and definitely made in a “natural” style. Creamy, red fruit, cherry, strawberry, a light mousse and just great by itself while sitting on the couch. Also look at this label. Sexy.

1699215628853.png

I like all of Field Recordings stuff. Their Skins and Freddo are also solid for around $20

Hey! I just had a glass of their (Field Recordings) BOXIE orange wine on Saturday night. Good stuff. Very drinkable but just enough funk and apricot/melon to keep it interesting. Definitely something I'd keep on tap in the fridge if I could find it in stores.

Back