• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Wings + Game watching Charlotte

ctdeac13

Reaction score
I apologize that this is probably a HASS. I have a job interview in Charlotte on Friday morning and because of this I have to miss the Clemson game on Thursday. I am staying in Marriot City Center and I wanted to get some recommendations on good places nearby where I could watch the Wake game and get some wings. Thanks for the help.

i'm personally not a fan, but people in general tend to like the wings at picassos. and they have a ton of tvs.

Wild Wings is to wings as Toltinos is to pizza.

Go to Carolina Ale House. Not sure about their wings, but it has good food, tons of great TVs, and an outstanding beer selection. Its the best place to watch the game downtown.

Caroina Ale House is a pretty good call. I haven't been there.

Blackfinn is probably a decent place to watch it closer to your hotel at the Epicentre. No idea about the wings there.

You might want to check out Dandelion Market and go upstairs there. It's also pretty close to your hotel. They have a better beer selection and decent food. It's not really a sports bar, but they have the requisite number of flat screens upstairs.

Go to Carolina Ale House. Not sure about their wings, but it has good food, tons of great TVs, and an outstanding beer selection. Its the best place to watch the game downtown.

Their grilled wings are good, as least the Triangle-area location I have been to. I prefer a grilled wing, though.

That Hooters is awful. The service is really slow and the vast majority of the girls are heinous. The best one in there has some sort of bondage candle-wax burn scars on her chest.

That Hooters is awful. The service is really slow and the vast majority of the girls are heinous. The best one in there has some sort of bondage candle-wax burn scars on her chest.

How come I'm not surprised at 2&2 knowing so much about waitresses at a Hooters?

Caroina Ale House is a pretty good call. I haven't been there.

I've been known to have a liquid lunch there on occasion. Gotta test my VPN access to make sure it's still working at least once a week. The wings are decent and the beer selection is solid (lacking on the locals, but good selection of crafts in general). Plenty of TV's.

How come I'm not surprised at 2&2 knowing so much about waitresses at a Hooters?

Eh, I work on the same block, so I only know purely out of convenience. Most of them take their smoke breaks next to the loading dock behind our building, which I need to walk through to get to my car.

Haven't been in years, but Stool Pigeons is another uptown option for game watching. I remember their wings being pretty good, but that could have been 3-4 chefs ago at a place like that, so no guarantees now.

There's also Champions basically in your hotel lobby. Also haven't been there in a while, but it's a better option than Hooters IMO.

Last edited:
So you're saying that ctdeac13 has a chance of scoring with a Hooters waitress?

Probably. One of my co-workers boned one of them in the parking garage for the City Club shortly after it opened. I don't think she is still there though.

Haven't been in years, but Stool Pigeons is another uptown option for game watching. I remember their wings being pretty good, but that could have been 3-4 chefs ago at a place like that, so no guarantees now.

stool pigeons, like the one on the corner of sixth and church (maybe church? whatever that cross street is)? not there anymore. it's dellingers now. fwiw, i was just there on sunday, and i thought the wings were pretty good. didn't like the carribean jerk at all, but liked the barbaro a lot.

stool pigeons, like the one on the corner of sixth and church (maybe church? whatever that cross street is)? not there anymore. it's dellingers now. fwiw, i was just there on sunday, and i thought the wings were pretty good. didn't like the carribean jerk at all, but liked the barbaro a lot.

Like I said, I hadn't been there in years. :thumbsup:

Dillinger's is owned by a Wake guy and supposedly has really good wings. I've yet to go, so I can't tell you affirmatively. DeacHoops seems to confirm that they're pretty good.

Back