• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden's idea - Hey, let's cut some waste!

The Hill is slashing budgets and salaries right now... which is going to push people to K Street jobs and cause a brain drain in Congress, unfortunately.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63451.html

Another indicator of how bad things really are with Congress tightening its belt.

Too fucking bad. The nursing home industry just took a 11% cut from Medicare and virtually every state has cut it's Medicaid reimbursement (which didn't cover costs to begin with) to NH's.

Too fucking bad. The nursing home industry just took a 11% cut from Medicare and virtually every state has cut it's Medicaid reimbursement (which didn't cover costs to begin with) to NH's.

+1.

The private sector has been going through this for years now. Time for the public sector to get in on it as well.

+1.

The private sector has been going through this for years now. Time for the public sector to get in on it as well.

Well the public sector has been going through it at least in my experience with many of my clients in my sales jobs. I work with a lot of public schools, DOT's, and other county, city, and federal government municipalities. Most of these have had to take 15% or more budget cuts over the past few years and been much more limited. Granted this is at the local and state levels and I agree that it is good to see it happening in DC at the national level.

It's happening at the federal level in a wholesale manner and has been for quite some time. It's not new.

Back