• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Changes at UVA Football (Grobe: Please Read!!)

DinDC

Reaction score
Mike London has taken the bull by the horns and fired associate head coach/defensive coordinator Jim Reid, defensive line coach/recruiting coordinator Jeff Hanson, running backs coach Mike Faragalli and tight ends coach Shawn Moore. In addition, safeties coach Anthony Poindexter will no longer be the special teams coordinator but will remain on staff. Some of these guys have been with London since he was head coach at Richmond, and London was an assistant to Reid at Richmond in the 1990's, but he still fired him. Grobe, pay attention -- you can fire Lobo.

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120212aab.html

UVA quarterback Rocco leaves the program.

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120212aaa.html

I'm not even asking for Lobo to be fired, just relieve him of his OC duties....

Maybe he could try telecommuting.

This infuriates me...because there is no way in hell it happens for us.

without reading the article, did london fire any family members?

Is that Shawn Moore the UVA qb when they were #1 in the nation?

without reading the article, did london fire any family members?

No but he fired the guy who was head coach at Richmond when he was an assistant. Does that count as almost fratricide or patricide?

Last edited:
Yet he got fired.

You can fire alums.

Yes, he is also the father of frosh DE Mike Moore a major UVA recruit that committed after his dad got the coaching gig two years ago. Hiring coaches to get their kids to commit usually does not end well.

I have no idea whether he will turn out to be a great or even decent coach for Virginia. But, I do appreciate the fact that Mr. London appears to understand precisely WHO is paying his salary and is making it abundantly clear with whom his allegiances lie. Quite refreshing.

Meanwhile, back at nepotism ranch....

Last edited:
Yes, he is also the father of frosh DE Mike Moore a major UVA recruit that committed after his dad got the coaching gig two years ago. Hiring coaches to get their kids to commit usually does not end well.

It was his first college coaching job -- definitely sounds like they hired him to get to his kid.

Back