• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill O'Reilly interviews Calipari. Subtle racism ensues!

Where exactly does O'Reilly say anything about race? It seems like it's the PC crowd that's taking a discussion about bad behavior and assigning that behavior to a particular race. I'm not sure, but I think that makes you the racist.

So, you're saying the behavior O'Reilly is talking about can only be attributed to black players? We're calling him a racist because we're assuming he's talking about a particular race. That's BS.

The only history is other assumptions. He makes comments like this and people make assumptions like those being made here and in that article. Suddenly he's a racist because of other peoples assumptions. He's a major blowhard who's very difficult to listen to, but that doesn't make him a racist

El
Oh
El

Could be attributed to anybody. Sure. Do you think O'Reilly is talking about anybody?

Yes, he's talking about college basketball players. Why do we have to make everything about race? The only way that's about race is if you want to make the argument that only one race does the things he's talking about. He didn't say that, but it sounds like others are willing to make that leap.

Yes, he's talking about college basketball players. Why do we have to make everything about race? The only way that's about race is if you want to make the argument that only one race does the things he's talking about. He didn't say that, but it sounds like other are willing to make that leap.

So he's stereotyping college basketball players. Why is that acceptable?

Are there things that "only one race" does?

So O'Reilly asks about problems that obviously exist in our culture and that makes him a racist? Athletes aren't targeted? Try google news. Drugs everywhere? They are. Agents trying to get to players? Happens all the time. Even Cal admits they have NBA security guys guarding the players. If these problems aren't real why do they need security?

So he's stereotyping college basketball players. Why is that acceptable?

Are there things that "only one race" does?

Who said it's acceptable? That's not what we've been talking about. O'Reilly wasn't attacked for stereotyping college basketball players. He was attacked for being racist, and I just don't see that in his comments.

And according to the PC crowd all races do everything exactly the same. Who am I to disagree?

Last edited:
Why in the hell would Billy the clown be interviewing Cal when he admitted that he doesn't even watch college basketball?

I think O'Reilly was racial, not racist. He was also very ignorant. There are many in the media who think all black people are poor, that all black teenagers have no father. Listen carefully and you'll hear this on MSNBC as well as Fox.

Look, everybody profiles/stereotypes at some level. There are neighborhoods or parts of town that us white folk would not walk down the street or enter just based on the fact that it is a black area, and we tell our wives/kids the same things. And guess what, stereotype or no, that's probably not a bad idea unless you like the possibility (however slim) of getting your ass kicked or some other not-too-pleasant outcome. And there are white neighborhoods/businesses that black folk teach their kids to either avoid or not wear certain clothes/play loud music/put your hands in your pockets, etc. b/c some white guy will think you're "up top no good" and call the cops. Again, not a bad idea b/c there's a possibility of that outcome as well.

Look, everybody profiles/stereotypes at some level. There are neighborhoods or parts of town that us white folk would not walk down the street or enter just based on the fact that it is a black area, and we tell our wives/kids the same things. And guess what, stereotype or no, that's probably not a bad idea unless you like the possibility (however slim) of getting your ass kicked or some other not-too-pleasant outcome. And there are white neighborhoods/businesses that black folk teach their kids to either avoid or not wear certain clothes/play loud music/put your hands in your pockets, etc. b/c some white guy will think you're "up top no good" and call the cops. Again, not a bad idea b/c there's a possibility of that outcome as well.

Or just shoot you for no good reason.

Oh, and your post had stereotypes in it as well.

Black neighborhood = potentially beat up the white dude
White neighborhood = potentially call police to alert them about the black dude

OReilly's been phoning it in for years.

I think he's actively trying to get fired, w/ this crap and his LETS TEACH ABOUT JESUS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS nonsense.

Lol at the pc bots on here. Deadspin is overtly racist and defends rapists, murderers and criminals so long as they are black. I don't see the difference between people who hate white people or who have pathetic white guilt and those who hate black people. Isn't all racism bad? I just don't believe that black athletes are something to be worshipped and white people are evil. But hey that's what gets dv7 through the day although with 8000 calories and a deadend job.

Oh man, I forgot that Caturday hates Deadspin.

Or just shoot you for no good reason.

Oh, and your post had stereotypes in it as well.

Black neighborhood = potentially beat up the white dude
White neighborhood = potentially call police to alert them about the black dude

Having had my ass kicked for being "wrong place/wrong time/wrong color" before, not denying the stereotype. And if it makes you happy, I'll add "getting shot for no good reason" to the possible outcome of a black person in a white neighborhood. In fact, plenty of news items over time about white people being victims of black crime for no good reason and vice versa; neither defensible.

Lol at the pc bots on here. Deadspin is overtly racist and defends rapists, murderers and criminals so long as they are black. I don't see the difference between people who hate white people or who have pathetic white guilt and those who hate black people. Isn't all racism bad? I just don't believe that black athletes are something to be worshipped and white people are evil. But hey that's what gets dv7 through the day although with 8000 calories and a deadend job.

I'm genuinely curious about your Deadspin comments. Care to elaborate?

Back