• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

Looks great guys! Keep up the good work.

Any effort is a good effort. Don't listen to the armchair quarterbacks.

The first electronic billboard ad is up. It's on bus 40 East, across the street from Baptist.

Stratt, Ph Deac, and I put this one together. There will be another one in rotation by tomorrow.

97l0e9.jpg

jags.gif

First, and last time, I'll ever post this. I legitimately was this guy for the first two minutes after I read this post.

Ph is really starting to damage his brand

What made it to the billboard was heavily edited. Hopefully, they'll understand why at the least they need to make it clear this is Director's Cup rankings. Thankfully it's an electronic billboard so it can be changed. This was my original first draft. Raw but it showed what the chart is and gave points of reference.

I kinda love it. Its so awkward. It provides no data. Key words are missing. Its like Ron Burgundy did it.

Honestly just black on white "FIRE RON WELLMAN" would have worked really well, no other words.

but this, this is a symphony

Wow and I posted before actually fully reading (shows how effective it is). The fuck is this graph measuring?

What made it to the billboard was heavily edited. Hopefully, they'll understand why at the least they need to make it clear this is Director's Cup rankings. Thankfully it's an electronic billboard so it can be changed. This was my original first draft. Raw but it showed what the chart is and gave points of reference.

but its a billboard. people will be driving by at speeds too fast to read and understand. Just "Wake Stinks. Fire Wellman"

keep it short and sweet. Data isn't the issue, message is the issue.

seriously there is so much wrong here:

1 - what is the y-axis?
2 - what is the measure of athletic performance?
3 - what are the stats by year on the right?
4 - what is the difference between ACC Worst and ACC Record Worst?
5 - why the red font on the chart?
6 - why a line chart at all?

i have a hard time believing that ph signed off on this version of a final billboard

You guys are idiots.

We do need to take of the numbers of the Y axis. This can easily be changed.

You guys are idiots.

We do need to take of the numbers of the Y axis. This can easily be changed.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

clown shoes operation here. clown shoes.

seriously there is so much wrong here:

1 - what is the y-axis?
2 - what is the measure of athletic performance?
3 - what are the stats by year on the right?
4 - what is the difference between ACC Worst and ACC Record Worst?
5 - why the red font on the chart?
6 - why a line chart at all?

i have a hard time believing that ph signed off on this version of a final billboard

I didn't. They are putting forth the effort and have the money so the final version is their call. I'm there to help.

I think a line graph is pretty quick to understand. The line goes down fast = sucks. It's hard to sum up why something sucks succinctly. The key for me was making sure press types see facts that show the decline in Wake athletics and just how bad things are.

I'd be fine with just the list on the right that shows our athletic department is far worse than our rivals and worse than Stony Brook. Actually, I didn't realize they'd be running two ads in the same rotation, so I didn't realize they could do the graph on one and the 2013 rankings on the other.

Given that I paid for like 12% of this thing, give a brother a heads up before it goes up!

Back