• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

This sounds like something [Redacted] said.

As an actual graduate I am also furious you guys are putting up something to undermine the first billion dollar advancement campaign in Wake's history that is based on raising money for Reynolda Campus and the Med School. Wake Will is not an AD thing.

Honestly, I know people like to say Wake needs more fans from other schools etc. but if this is what you guys are pulling you can get out and I don't want you to pull for Wake.

true. I'm not sure wake would want that publicity though. All in all, just come up with a better billboard

On March 4, the SEC ordered that three former top executives pay a combined $783,000 for violating accounting laws and for fraud. They were Scott Livengood, the chairman, chief executive and president; John Tate, the chief operating officer; and Randy Casstevens, the chief financial officer. http://www.journalnow.com/business/article_23f0fabe-7c73-5929-9114-587e5d574713.html

Wake WILL is a wide ranging campaign run by the college, not by the Athletic Department or the Deacon Club

Are you guys seriously going to call out Wake WILL?

Interesting that they did not want to use "Director's Cup", that relates directly to the subject, because many would not know what that means, but then throw out "Wake Will" on the second billboard.

Holy shit, those billboards are terrible. And yes, 10 minutes, MSPaint, and a WFU degree (and a measly B.S. at that) can come up with a better product:

0p42.jpg

Leave the graphs, director's cup standings, etc. for the website. Billboards should be simple. This is simple.

I agree with this approach. Also, I would leave Buzz out of the argument for now. The reason for this is that Buzz could get lucky and pull out a 4Atlantis minor miracle
and win a game or two, on top of the early cupcake schedule Ronny spoon-fed him. That, IMO, would set the cause up to look stupid. Instead I would focus on Wellman's football mouth checks that his P.E. degree ass can't cash now. Remember he made this statement to Scout.com before the season....

"Our fans will see a team that will return to the style of play that Jim used when he first came to Wake Forest. We will be a very physical team that emphasizes the running game more than we have done in the last few years. As our fans will remember, our rushing game is very exciting...it certainly isnot "three yards and a cloud of dust" approach. It will be fun to watch...and will produce a season that our fans will enjoy."

These goals HAD to have been discussed before the season.

It is less about Grobe and staff's failings than it is about what the level of accountability the AD will have to endure on unfulfilled promises.

Nah I like leaving out Krispy Kreme. It will force people to do their own digging into Casstevens and figure out the connection. Also the local news outlets will be able to focus on him and his connection to Wake.

And yes changing it to "Wake Athletics" is a must

We can take the wake will part out but the reason it is in there is to force the BOT to take action against Wellman. Hatch and them only care about money. If we can get people yelling at them that Wellman is affecting fundraising we might be able to get rid of him.

Replacing it with wake athletics won't do any good. Hatch doesnt give a shit about athletics.

Sent from my SCH-I545 ung Tapatalk 2

We can take the wake will part out but the reason it is in there is to force the BOT to take action against Wellman. Hatch and them only care about money. If we can get people yelling at them that Wellman is affecting fundraising we might be able to get rid of him.

Replacing it with wake athletics won't do any good. Hatch doesnt give a shit about athletics.

Take it off. The BOT is already mad about athletics and if you want to see something that will make everyone label you as the lunatic fringe this is it. The BOT doesn't just sit around looking at athletics, they are running a national university. Wake Will has nothing to do with the AD and everything to do with the school itself.

Last edited:
Interesting that they did not want to use "Director's Cup", that relates directly to the subject, because many would not know what that means, but then throw out "Wake Will" on the second billboard.

I read it and just wondered who "Will" was.

Taking the Wake Will part down is absolutely non-negotiable. Take it off.

Geeze people. Those Billboards are a fucking trainwreck. Incomprehensible graphs and personal attacks just look downright petty.

Keep it simple, 10 words or less. "Ron Wellman: Results matter. Fire Jeff [Redacted]." The MS Paint example is spot on.

Please stop giving them real ideas. It is infinitely more entertaining to see what they come up with on their own.

Just go inception style. Put a shitty billboard idea on a shitty billboard on a billboard.

Oh wait, this is worse.

I am not a litigator, but I am wondering if having things that imply to the school that people will withhold money in order to get them to fire someone would give that someone a tortious interference claim.

I'm still baffled how this was ever hard at all. Have you ever seen a billboard? The effective ones are probably 8-10 words.

I am not a litigator, but I am wondering if having things that imply to the school that people will withhold money in order to get them to fire someone would give that someone a tortious interference claim.

I was under the impression, possibly wrong, that this dealt primarily with contractual relationships - not with speculative donations.

Back