• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Biden can't even get caught trying. People will just blame him for not getting it done.
This type of move is something the media will never cover extensively but people will recognize in their daily lives and attribute to happening during the Biden presidency if it’s allowed to go into effect. And if blocked, he can message on it and say he wants congress to pass it.

wow, that will really escalate the prices of air travel

can't see the forest through the trees...the airlines will not lose money, or they will be out of business. that cost needs to be offset somewhere.

Empower the employer, not the employee.

“Pro business”
Why would anyone start a business or create a job to hire someone who can just take all that sweet job creator knowledge somewhere else?

what is the conservative argument in favor of noncompetes?
I asked this same question a few years back on here, I think biff’s response was something to the effect of “when a company invests in your training and provides you professional resources they should have legal protection to prevent that investment being used against them”. If that’s inaccurate please correct.

i get that at the firm level

but zooming out and adopting a neoclassical economic perspective, isn't the least amount of friction in the labor market best for the economy as a whole?

i get that at the firm level

but zooming out and adopting a neoclassical economic perspective, isn't the least amount of friction in the labor market best for the economy as a whole?
100%.

How often are non competes actually enforced? Has anyone on the boards experience it?

I asked this same question a few years back on here, I think biff’s response was something to the effect of “when a company invests in your training and provides you professional resources they should have legal protection to prevent that investment being used against them”. If that’s inaccurate please correct.
This and potentially using confidential info/IP/trade secrets gleaned or taken (those provisions are still in covenant agreements but pretty hard to prove a breach). But the Supreme Court will overturn it because of the Chamber of Commerce and other lobbies.

I have been dealing with candidates who have what I call a tradition non-compete (you can't go work for a competitor for a period of time), for well over a decade and have yet to be in a position where a company has actually litigated to enforce it - they just use it as leverage to get an agreement that other covenants (primarily client non-solicits) will be followed. My company has client/employee non-solicits (which should remain enforceable unless they are unreasonably broad), but not a traditional non-compete, and most companies are moving away from traditional non-competes given state movement to ban or limit them in any event.

Seems like the Biden Administration is getting a lot done for the people (in the USA at least).

Back