• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

He’s younger than Pelosi who is also spry.

@DeacInVermont is awaiting the shoulder tap.
Oh hi!

Becca Balint is a first-term Congressperson and I would presume the betting favorite and would probably get Bernie's endorsement as a fellow progressive. It wouldn't surprise me to see state treasurer Mike Pieciak throw his hat in the ring. He would likely garner the support of the business community. Maybe outgoing Burlington mayor Miro Weinberger (but I'd guess he'd run for a statewide office first).

And there's a WaPo article for that (sort of): https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/03/03/bernie-sanders-reelection-retire/

Last edited:
columbia canceling main commencement ceremony

i wish we had been so lucky when i was graduating

It'd be p sweet for higher education to implode so no one can replace my special skills

Here is my opinion based on nothing more than my second cup of cofee. Trump cares about where people went to school, so Scott is out. Trump has people telling him that he cant be near a conspiracy theorist, so Gabbard is out. If Rubio is picked, its the whole Florida and Florida thing which becomes bigger than the ticket, also Tiny hands Marco, so Rubio is out. Dog killing follows Noem for several months, she is out. So it comes down to Vance, Burgrum and Stefanik. The biggest rule in being a VP is do no harm, which is how I end up with Burgrum.

Yeah. That’s good logic. I’m leaning toward Vance.

I'd lean Vance.

Funny how Burgum and Scott were, you know, running against him but all of the sudden think he's the greatest guy on Earth. Am I misremembering or wasn't Burgum one of the Never Trump candidates this time around?

Stefanik is a NY congresswoman so I don't think he goes with an all NY ticket.

Stefanik is a NY congresswoman so I don't think he goes with an all NY ticket.
Do those geographical considerations still matter? I honestly don't know. Did Pence being from Indiana add anything? It seems like Trump's primary consideration will be fealty followed by some nod to a particular constituency he'd like to lock in.

There's got to be someone out there turned off by an all NY ticket.

Imagine if Hilldawg had chosen Schumer or Jeffries as a running mate.

Do those geographical considerations still matter? I honestly don't know. Did Pence being from Indiana add anything? It seems like Trump's primary consideration will be fealty followed by some nod to a particular constituency he'd like to lock in.
I think Pence being from the heartland was one of the pluses when it came to making a final decision (over Gingrich BLAH). Trump still had the NY elitist thing about him in 2016. Now though, as Florida Man, Trump's brand is so big that location probably matters a lot less. Trump will pick Scott or Stefanik if he thinks doing so will pull enough women or African Americans away from the Dems in battleground states. His appointments in the past show that he really doesn't care about qualifications as much as he cares about fealty. Burgrum is really rich and can help with fundraising, also he is a big policy guy so he can answer those questions and let Trump do all the other things he wants to do.

with this SCOTUS, would it actually matter if he chose Rubio for the dual FL ticket? But Lil' Marco said on Fox this weekend that he would absolutely move out of state if he needed to. Demonstrate your loyalty, Lil' Marco! Have some gumption!

Back