• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

everyone remembers that Columbia is a college for Uber rich assholes and not, like some kind of cross section or thought center of America, right?

It’s like interviewing diners in rural diner in Kansas

There are these pro-Palestine student movements and encampments at plenty of institutions that are more representative of the US tbf.

Wait, why do you even post then? I spent an hour earlier this morning trying to decide on the picture from the Tough Mudder that made my and look the most defined.
What, am I going to work all day?

Need the rolleyes again.

You tell me where to put the Israeli state without constant conflict and I will give you the Nobel Peace Prize.

Should we just give it back to the Ottomans?

Bill Goldberg volunteering to help out with the especially difficult protestors

ed2c0294f21e9fe1d4b2e170b0aba2a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the answer is probably pretty simple but I can't quite articulate it
Speaking for myself, I believe the media is portraying this activist movement as being confined to wealthy elite institutions in order to diminish political opposition to Israel as fringe and detached from the working class.

The trick to creating any political narrative in America is to portray one side as patriotic and middle class, and portray the other side as traitorous & elitist(rich) or criminal(poor)

Speaking for myself, I believe the media is portraying this activist movement as being confined to wealthy elite institutions in order to diminish political opposition to Israel as fringe and detached from the working class.

The trick to creating any political narrative in America is to portray one side as patriotic and middle class, and portray the other side as traitorous & elitist(rich) or criminal(poor)

So yes, this is possible, but the media is also insisting, perhaps simultaneously, that it is outside agitators fueling and driving these protests at Columbia, Yale, and NYU.

I'm thinking it also has something to do with some lingering respect among some Republicans for elite credentials -- what these schools represent rather than what they actually do. And so they are weirdly invested in absolving the "regular" student body from the actions of far-left radicals which they believe come from outside or make up only a small minority in these places.

I'm not sure it's actually different from theReff describing the University of South Carolina as a great institution and good ol' boy student body polluted by a faculty and administration that are left wingers.

but idk. Could be both. Or neither

Back