• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Biff can correct me if I’m wrong, but has never given the impression of someone who supported the January 6th riots, quite the opposite. Biff’s ideology seems to be that of disciplinarian rule follower for whom law, order, and obedience to authority are far more important than anyone’s personal values or political beliefs.

All the things that are really bad under Biden will be double-extra bad under Trump, plus lots of things that are just “ok” under Biden will also be double-extra bad under Trump. It will be mostly minorities and vulnerable populations who suffer, not white guys, so white guys allowing Trump to win are selfishly centering their own concerns over the real dangers facing minorities if Trump is re-elected.
My work here is done.
1714512626410.png

i had no idea drew barrymore had a talk show

seems like daytime talk shows are unnecessary in 2024

You must've missed the backlash when she tried to justify bringing her show back during the writers strike, while her writers were striking, complete with very earnest videos explaining the decision.

We at 70/30 for a 2nd Trump term now? 75/25?
I'm relying on Peter Zeihan's take that 1) all polls this far out of the election are now are meaningless as true independents just don't respond to polling and that 2) Republicans are fractured under trump and need to be 100% in order to have a shot to win and they simply aren't.

You must've missed the backlash when she tried to justify bringing her show back during the writers strike, while her writers were striking, complete with very earnest videos explaining the decision.
Yeah, must have.

So the women in Shoo's life are scabs and cops?

Polling is broken. I will say the one new polling trend I kind of believe is that older voters are trending toward Biden. They'd be less concerned with age and more concerned with Trump's legal issues. I also wonder if COVID deaths have narrowed Trump's advantage among older voters.

Polling is broken. I will say the one new polling trend I kind of believe is that older voters are trending toward Biden. They'd be less concerned with age and more concerned with Trump's legal issues. I also wonder if COVID deaths have narrowed Trump's advantage among older voters.
I thought that last bit about DeSantis in 2022 when his margin of victory in 2018 was smaller than the FL Covid death count. I was obviously wrong.

Any poll that shows Trump has gained with woman should just be used to shit on as it runs completely contrary to pretty much every single thing that has happened since overturning roe.
Yeah, the article below casts some real doubt on the notion that black voters (or women or other minorities) are swinging to Trump. There were claims in 2016 and 2020 that black voters were going for Trump, but he got only about 7% of the black vote in both elections, which is about the average for Republican presidential candidates since the 70s. The average level of black support for GOP presidential candidates over the last 60 years has been about 6% (Nixon, of all people, got the highest share with 13% of the black vote in 1972). As the article points out, if Trump gets the 18% or whatever the polls are now showing him getting, he would get the highest share of the black vote for a Republican presidential candidate in 60 years. And that's very, very unlikely.

Link: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-polls-black-latino-voters.html

Last edited:
Back