• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biological male wins women’s cycling event

I think it's funny that his/her last name is bearden. Take that FWIW.

compassionate conservative: congratulations on your hard fought and well-deserved victory

tasteless ingratiating left/liberal: I like how you did your nails

I should. I'm a six off the blues (6800 yards). The ladies tees are about a thousand yards shorter than that. I'd easily reach all four par fives with an iron and the par threes would be three wedges and a seven or eight iron. It actually would be interesting to see.

congratulations on your hard fought and well-deserved future victory

tasteless bible-thumping conservative: the bible is against this...going to hell, i hope they use the right bathroom

tasteless ingratiating left/liberal: I like how you did your nails

FIFY

I'd be less focused on the person who won the race and more on those who lost. How do all the biological women who participated in the race, who no doubt train very hard, feel about this? Women's world records that measure speed and strength lag men's records.

if they are good left/liberal progressives, they will be all for it

you must support the latest left/liberal causes wholeheartedly, otherwise you must be a stupid, uneducated, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, fascistic, Muslim hating deplorable, who voted for Donald Trump

Guess I'm not a good leftist, because I'm not ok with it.

Unless you show me data that says x months of hormone replacement puts genetic males on an equal level with genetic females, it's not a fair contest.

if they are good left/liberal progressives, they will be all for it

you must support the latest left/liberal causes wholeheartedly, otherwise you must be a stupid, uneducated, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, fascistic, Muslim hating deplorable, who voted for Donald Trump

if you say so (not sure i agree)...the second part i would agree with you sailor.

Guess I'm not a good leftist, because I'm not ok with it.

Unless you show me data that says x months of hormone replacement puts genetic males on an equal level with genetic females, it's not a fair contest.

Eh, there are some "genetic females" that have levels of testosterone that are equal to men. Should they not be allowed to compete either?

There are a couple trans women who race in Oregon - they take hormones to the necessary level, and yeah they're strong and typically do well... but there are other women who are just as strong and beat them. Some of the ladies in the field balk at it, but they're not the ones who would be up in contention for a podium spot anyway and I believe their comments/feelings are more to do with their own personal stance on the matter than they are anything of substance.
We also have a woman who doesn't take hormones; she races with the men per UCI/USAC rules.

As long as people are following the rules as they've been laid out to this point, none of it bothers me.
:noidea:

Why are super religious people usually the ones so outraged over gender issues? Like your same god makes kids born with all sorts of irregularities every day. Some much more serious than a gender misalignment.

With the suicide rates alone I don't think anyone on either side of the issue should casually cast it off as not a serious issue

Of course it's serious. In my mind I was comparing it to conditions that mean certain death. Just hate the flippant commentary from the religious right.

Back