• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Cool photo

_128475450_10gianlucabenini-399945.jpg.webp

From this article:

International Garden Photographer of the Year competition 2023

There is a Steller’s Sea Eagle that has been sighted in Maine. Due to the rarity of such a bird being in America, let alone on the East coast, I can only imagine everyone is looking to book tickets as soon as they can. I have not been this amped up since the Plover sighting of ‘22.

There is a Steller’s Sea Eagle that has been sighted in Maine. Due to the rarity of such a bird being in America, let alone on the East coast, I can only imagine everyone is looking to book tickets as soon as they can. I have not been this amped up since the Plover sighting of ‘22.
He’s actually been around New England since 2021. They think it’s the same bird that was spotted in Alaska, then Vancouver, then Texas, then Massachusetts and then in Maine and Nova Scotia over the last 2 years. It’s been in Maine and Nova Scotia pretty consistently for a long while.

IMG_5112.jpeg

Fledgling loggerhead shrike photo I took this morning! Mom or dad brought over an anole lizard and all three babies started shrieking and fluttering their wings.

Currently have a researcher in studying the "gendering of birds" and she has a big Audubon out but not THE Audubon we have -- just Ornithological Biography. Still probably worth a lot.

Back