• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Question…I have a bird, brown and white (small), that loves to nest in my front hanging ferns. Every time I water they “maverick style’ they do a “buzz buy the tower” on me. How do I stop that? Lol

Question…I have a bird, brown and white (small), that loves to nest in my front hanging ferns. Every time I water they “maverick style’ they do a “buzz buy the tower” on me. How do I stop that? Lol
IANAO, but pretty sure they are trying to draw you away from their nest to protect their eggs/young. It won’t stop, and next year make the area less conducive to nesting.

IANAO, but pretty sure they are trying to draw you away from their nest to protect their eggs/young. It won’t stop, and next year make the area less conducive to nesting.
Yeah, you’d have to stop watering the plant. Sounds like it’s a wren, which means you only have about 20 days for the full nesting cycle.

So last night, the wife and I were perambulating in one of seacoast NH’s finest suburban areas, when I looked up and saw several shadowy shapes perched in a tree above us. They were turkeys. Probably about a dozen of them hanging out in branches about 30 feet above us. My wife, bless her heart, did not think turkeys could fly up that high, but I let her know that it was totally doable and I can find a source to vouch for the veracity of such a claim.

So last night, the wife and I were perambulating in one of seacoast NH’s finest suburban areas, when I looked up and saw several shadowy shapes perched in a tree above us. They were turkeys. Probably about a dozen of them hanging out in branches about 30 feet above us. My wife, bless her heart, did not think turkeys could fly up that high, but I let her know that it was totally doable and I can find a source to vouch for the veracity of such a claim.
Yes, but did you consider Turkey vultures?

There’s a red shouldered hawk who takes perch in my backyard. The mockingbirds really hate him. They yell at him and dive bomb him, but always pull up at the last second.

He doesn’t seem to care.

Back