• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board Fundraising Suggestions

The ban and negrep ideas are bad ideas. If the point is to get more board traffic in the long run, that's not going to do it. It'll only alienate posters who are likely to be your most loyal patrons.

I think the same enticements as the first fundraiser are sufficient. People appreciate the board enough to fork out $50 or whatever every couple of years. This is a board for Wake alumni, after all, who are usually pretty well off. Set a goal for $ raised and provide updates and it'll get there.

women of the boards calendar

giphy.gif

Koozies are a great idea and so are t-shirts. I'm gonna throw some bones that way regardless, but spreading the word with students is a great idea. We have some BSD koozies we give away and they're pretty fresh. Those are a good idea I think.

RJKarl is loaded. He owns most of Southern California. You didn't hear it from me.

I go with koozies idea. I'll throw a little cash again. I think you still give the option for people to change their title. That was a nice perk. People are going to give because they enjoy the site. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I def want a koozie.

Will contribute, maybe make levels and special titles?

Hold "OG Boards Will" sessions in each major WFU affiliated city and talk about the vision you have for the boards?

I like this whole post. I don't need anything - I'll give money because I value the community/entertainment.

I agree, you all provide a service. Asking us to kick in some cash every year or two is more than reasonable.

I agree, you all provide a service. Asking us to kick in some cash every year or two is more than reasonable.

But if we get coozies we're doing the world a favor by keeping China's economy afloat.

I agree that koozies are an easy way to market the website to potential members.

I'd also throw in coffee mugs: much more likely to be seen & used on a daily basis versus t-shirts or board-only things (custom title, neg rep bombs, banning power, etc.).

I like the T-Shirt idea. I attend a couple Wake games each year, and since I did not go to school there I have a limited Wake wardrobe. I would love to wear a t-shirt and see others wearing them to get a community feel. Sell them for $30. Shipping USPS cost $3.70 and the T-shirt likely in the $6.50-$7.00 range, so the board could pocket $20.

Sell a nice print of some sort, happy to do all the printing for it.

Is the guy who did those great T-shirts on the old board still. around? He could come up with something people would really like.

Is the guy who did those great T-shirts on the old board still. around? He could come up with something people would really like.
The Our Wake, Your Funeral shirts?

eta, I want to say it was DeacArtist89 from scout or something like that.

Last edited:
The Our Wake, Your Funeral shirts?

eta, I want to say it was DeacArtist89 from scout or something like that.

Yep, his name was something like that. He did those and another set.

They were great!

Back