• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boat Rental Clubs

CarlSpackler88

The Pumpfaker
Reaction score
I'm interested in joining one here in the DC/Annapolis area. Anyone tried this option to owing a boat outright? You get use of many different kinds of boats without the hassle of maintenance, insurance, cleaning, etc.

Friends are members in Charleston - they love it. Fits their lifestyle well because they don't have to worry about storage, putting in the water, etc etc. Saves a lot of time at the end of the day when you don't have to wash the boat either.

I find it difficult to believe it's more cost effective than owning your boat outright, but the convenience of it is pretty awesome.

Isn't the old saying- The two happiest for a boat owner are the day he buys it and the day he sells it.

I live near Lake Holston. I have friends that do this and seem to really like it. My wife and I have considered it. We don't want deal with the upkeep of a boat. We rented a pontoon a few times last year at the local marina and that was nice but a ski boat occasionally would be nice too.

Back