• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Body found in pool

^ I went to a wedding a couple months ago where at one point the entire wedding party was movin like bernie on the dance floor.

i was a lifeguard for a few years in high school/early college. if the chemical levels are off, the water gets SUPER cloudy. there were definitely times when i looked in our pool and couldn't see the bottom (and it was only 5-6 feet deep). that said, whenever our pool got like that, the pool was closed until the water was clear again. i can't believe they didn't close the pools when they couldn't see the bottom. i also can't believe the kid never said anything to anybody. 5 years old i could have understood. but 9? you should know by now that you need to say something when the person you're with doesn't come out of the water.

one year at post-exams the pool water at the SeaShell got so cloudy that we couldn't see a parking cone that some punk college kids had thrown in. so random when our buddy went down and came up with it

I have worked as i life guard . If you cant see the bottom of the pool you are Legally obligated to shut the pool down for this exact reason. The life guard and aquatic director/manager are going to get anally railed in trail.

Maybe they didn't like the guy. We might have a Murder on the Orient Express scene. Everyone on the street chipped in and helped hold him under the water.

one year at post-exams the pool water at the SeaShell got so cloudy that we couldn't see a parking cone that some punk college kids had thrown in. so random when our buddy went down and came up with it

Remember the time we put all the pool furniture in the pool and sat in it drinking all day without ever getting out? Yeah, that water was at least 50% piss, so I could see it being too cloudy to see a dead body, but goddamn if this story isn't one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

caddyshack_doody.jpg

They're lifeguards, not deadguards.

But seriously, to what extent are the pool and lifeguards liable. My community pool has "No Lifeguard on Duty" posted all around the poll even though there are typical two or three people sitting in the chairs with a red cross on their shirt. I assume in case something like this happens.

Back