• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bonnaroo

BDL

#clawsOUT
Reaction score
I'm going for the first time this year, anyone with experience? horror stories?

I went last year.

1.) Bring baby powder.

Edit: Any specific questions? I found the website to be mostly good at preparing me for the trip, but forgetting baby powder honestly was the worst mistake I made that week. Of course, that week happened to be constant 100 degree heat, so we probably got particularly unlucky, but I still have nightmares about that chafing. Otherwise: have a blast, and take advantage of the fountain in Centeroo.

Last edited:
Yea just be prepared for super huge crowds and crazy heat. The lineup is awesome this year; you'll have a great time.

I'll be there. Went in 08 and had a blast. Really looking forward to it. Very diverse, deep lineup this year.

I went last year.

1.) Bring baby powder.

Edit: Any specific questions? I found the website to be mostly good at preparing me for the trip, but forgetting baby powder honestly was the worst mistake I made that week. Of course, that week happened to be constant 100 degree heat, so we probably got particularly unlucky, but I still have nightmares about that chafing. Otherwise: have a blast, and take advantage of the fountain in Centeroo.

I found a couple kind of survival guide kind of things. I'm mostly concerned about what time I should try to get there Thursday to not sit in traffic forever and also how much space I'll get to camp. We have 4 people in a jeep right now and are wondering whether we should bite the gas bullet and take another car just for the extra camp space

Space isn't too much of an issue honestly. As long as your tent is big enough, you'll have plenty of room.

Check out Inforoo, which is a board dedicated to Bonnaroo. They have all kinds of FAQs about when to get there, what to bring, etc.

I found a couple kind of survival guide kind of things. I'm mostly concerned about what time I should try to get there Thursday to not sit in traffic forever and also how much space I'll get to camp. We have 4 people in a jeep right now and are wondering whether we should bite the gas bullet and take another car just for the extra camp space

There is no good time to get there. We got there at 2 AM on Thursday, and waited in traffic until 6 AM. The traffic was backed up for the rest of Thursday morning, into the afternoon.

As for space in camp, it's not a ton, but it's not terrible either. We got lucky (we were at the front of a new camp section, and the cars on both side of us decided to bolt as soon as they got there, so we had like triple the camp). If you have a big tent, it's worth bringing. Also: once you park, you're not moving your car-- you'll immediately be packed into your spot.

There is a good time to leave. The traffic was backed up to a standstill for most of Sunday late afternoon/night. We decided to take a nap, we woke up at 4 or 5, and just drove out with literally not another car on the road.

You will look back fondly, even if you aren't totally happy/comfortable the whole time. That is my experience.

It was also pouring rain the whole time in '04.

Back