• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Belk Bowl social media tweeted out Wake vs South Carolina as a possible matchup today along with four others.

Nice. What were the others?

That's just the same projections we've been discussing. I thought it was some unofficial scoop from the bowl people themselves.

So maybe all the Pitt fans are on the other side of the field, in the foreground. Also, Birmingham is a lot closer to civilization than Shreveport and a really easy drive from KY, TN, or Atlanta.

Pitt fans don't go to Heinz Field for home games. What makes you think they would travel well?

IMG_8359.jpg

Probably as many in attendance in that picture as we get at Groves for an non-con opponent.

Pitt fans don't go to Heinz Field for home games. What makes you think they would travel well?

IMG_8359.jpg

Looks about like what we will have next Saturday at home when we play Boston College. Somewhat like either Presbyterian or La Monroe a few years ago. I figure 12,152 but an announced crowd in Sunday's paper of 23,625

Point taken. But for a school with an enrollment of 35,000 that is pretty darn pitiful!

I see your point. BC is a team that will travel worse than us. I think a 6-6 State team might be taken over a 7-5 Wake team. I've got a feeling that the Military Bowl would like Paul Johnson and the Yellow jackets and Pinstripe would take Pitt. So, if unc goes Taxslayer, Charlotte, Shreveport, and El Paso would be up next. If we go 6-6, Detroit would come into the picture. Does anybody know, do the teams for the Military Bowl spend the week in DC, and then the game day in Annapolis?

BC also has to beat a team in UConn that is as bad as them this Saturday. O/U is 38 and this one might be as thrilling as our 3-0 win last year in Chestnut Hill. They could lost this one & of course not have a real chance at bowling.

Back