• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Lunardi doesn't really predict ahead, it's all about the current moment.

Which yes, makes Clemson even more strange

He supposedly does it if the season was over today - not projection based.

Only twice has a team 4 games under .500 in conference made the tourney -- '98 FSU and '92 Iowa State.

Of course, Clemson is currently 6 under

If Wichita doesn't win the MVC (and Illinois St. is pretty good) they're gonna be a really interesting case. They barely made it last year with similar RPI and Kenpom numbers, but last year they played a hard non-conference schedule and had a bunch of injuries that were mitigating factors in their losses.

Last year their SOS was 119. Currently it is 225. Seriously wonder if a team has gotten an at-large berth with an SOS that poor

Yep. If I remember correctly, it was based on a few key upsets.

I think it was the year where the Noles were top 25 for most of the season early on and beat Arizona and then the wheels came flying off at the end of the season.

We've dropped 2 spots since Friday on Lunardi's line. Thought it had been a good weekend.

It was a pretty good weekend. Seven of the nine teams ahead of Wake from Lunardi's last projection ended up losing (Clemson, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Cal, Marquette, Syracuse, and Indiana). Despite this, and somewhat inexplicably, he still has all seven of them ahead of Wake. A few teams also passed us, like Michigan and Georgia Tech.

Hard to justify his projection-to-projection rankings, as I don't know how GaTech leapfrogs us when we had the better win over the weekend. Also, as many have said, I'm not sure how he still thinks Clemson would make the tournament.

I think if we do it'll be without Collins help. They're gonna call two fouls on him before the opening tip.

Might as well go ahead and chalk Craw up for a few "charges" while you're at it. Dinos will dislocate his shoulder on a "clean block" and Moore will set 5 moving screens on 5 consecutive possessions.

Wish we would have done what we had to do but then let dook snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at the Joel. :(

I find it funny that when Dino was breaking down the ACC bubble teams he had Wake already out saying that they are 0 & whatever vs the top 50. Then Miami gets in & from Wake's perspective is that they murdered that team, but don't get credit b/c Miami is not a top 50 team. If Wake is the only top 50 team out of Cuse, Miami, Clemson, & GT then that is a bit of a disadvantage since they won't get any credit for beating those teams.

Back