• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

fantastic episode. this 1/2 season has been really strong.

at the end of the day hank is very motivated by his family and his arrogance. he tries to make money by cooking meth to provide for them after he is gone. but making that money is not enough. he has to try and build an empire to replace the one he messed up with his college friends who got rich. he could have worked for gus in relative saftey and made a ton of dough but he wanted more. he felt "dead" inside for so long with a life he thought was beneath him that the cancer really woke something inside that has been pretty awful.

It wasn't that he wanted more than Gus, was it? I thought there was some (justified) paranoia that Gus was going to kill him and use Gail instead.

I believe the replace Walt with Gale thing happened after Walt defied Gus. Before he died, Mike said somethiing like they had a good thing going, and Walt screwed it up.

I am not certain why the nazi's would even know about the confession dvd. I guess Jesse could have told them, but I don't remember Jesse even knowing about it.

Jesse gets free from the nazis and its a Walt Jesse showdown at the end. Jesse kills walt, delivers his classic line #yeahbitch fade to black

How much of Walt's change in attitude is from having to cover up for Jesse's issues in the early episodes?

I am not certain why the nazi's would even know about the confession dvd. I guess Jesse could have told them, but I don't remember Jesse even knowing about it.

Jesse made a confession DVD. He was working with the DEA and Walt put a hit on him for it (via the Nazi). Todd beat the shit out of him and he tells Todd, "I already told you everything." Pretty sure they know about his taped confession to Hank and Gomey.

It wasn't that he wanted more than Gus, was it? I thought there was some (justified) paranoia that Gus was going to kill him and use Gail instead.

Walt complained about the percentage he was getting from Gus, just like he complained about the percentage he was getting partnered with Mike; Dude's a greedy motherfucker. I was semi-surprised he didn't make a sarcastic remark about the nazi's only leaving him 11 mil.

Walt complained about the percentage he was getting from Gus, just like he complained about the percentage he was getting partnered with Mike; Dude's a greedy motherfucker. I was semi-surprised he didn't make a sarcastic remark about the nazi's only leaving him 11 mil.

Yeah, this is why he's not going to quietly into that good night. "I still have things to do." He's going after his money.

Not so fast my friend:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/breaking-bad-ozymandias/

How much darker is this journey going to get for this guy?
The darkness is going to be pitch black. Jesse’s got a very long road ahead of him.

the article mentions that Walt jr lied to protect his mom. What did he say? I just remember him saying there was a fight, they were in danger, his dad may have killed someone and he was still in the house.

also Walt has to go for the money to try to leave it to skyler and fam (via saul), but the showdown has to be with jesse

I don't think the left side of the face is a big deal and I seriously doubt it is a detail that they would have missed.

Todd is there to cook. The other guys are clearly the muscle.

the article mentions that Walt jr lied to protect his mom. What did he say? I just remember him saying there was a fight, they were in danger, his dad may have killed someone and he was still in the house.

Maybe because he said Walt attacked her when really she was the one who pulled the knife on Walt?

Kind of a stretch.

Will be interesting to see if Walt really wants the money despite having over $10 million to play with, or if it's a revenge thing against Jesse and/or the Nazi's. I could see him opening a trust for his kids, making sure they get the $10 million along with some kind of letter explaining his motivations, etc.

Then he returns to kill the Nazi's and Jesse, all of whom he holds responsible for Hank's death.

He said his dad attacked/was threatening his mom with a knife, which wasn't what happened, in fact, it was exactly the opposite of what happened...

...edit...DC beat me too it, but that was it. Walt wasn't threatening anyone directly at the house (although they had good reason to think that he killed Hank), he was just trying to get the knife from Skylar

Last edited:
The way I see this is that the Walter White character is a guy suffering the ultimate mid-life crisis. Just like a normal guy suffering a mid-life crisis who looks up 5 years later and finds himself with a new wife and a 3 year old wondering what the fuck happened, Walter White is going to realize that his "real" family is Jessie and his girlfriend and kid. Those are the three people he can save, his new family. When Walt realizes that is all he has left - and I like the idea of the blue meth being back on the street which is how Walt knows Jessie is alive - he goes into attack mode.

I believe the replace Walt with Gale thing happened after Walt defied Gus. Before he died, Mike said somethiing like they had a good thing going, and Walt screwed it up.

this. they could have had a nice "quiet" meth cook going but walt went and messed it up.

Remember when Skyler went to Jesse's house to yell at him for selling Walt weed? That was a fun moment.

Walt frees Jesse from the Nazis, but then Jesse immediately kills Walt out of revenge for Jane, for Brock, and basically all of the hell Walt put him through.

Or does Jesse free himself (they don't wear masks during the cook) and then wreck Walt's house, writing Heisenburg on the wall in the process?

Jesse made a confession DVD. He was working with the DEA and Walt put a hit on him for it (via the Nazi). Todd beat the shit out of him and he tells Todd, "I already told you everything." Pretty sure they know about his taped confession to Hank and Gomey.

so much going on I guess I missed that. I heard Jesse say I told you everything, but missed or just don't remember Jesse making a confession DVD.

Walt telling Jesse about Jane was possibly his most gangster moment in the series. It was ice cold.

Back