• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

eruny9as.jpg

Talking Bad had another suggestion: the Nazis try to emulate Walt's formula with Slave Jesse and end up creating the virus which caused the Walking Dead.

So the final episode is called "Felina."

I immediately thought of Marty Robbins' most popular song. It's not an accident. Nice write up from Wikipedia:

"Out in the west Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."

The song is a first-person narrative told by a cowboy who is in El Paso, Texas, in the days of the Wild West. He recalls how he fell in love with a young Mexican woman, Feleena,[2] a dancer at "Rosa's Cantina". When another cowboy made advances on "wicked Feleena," the narrator gunned down the challenger, then fled El Paso for fear of being hanged for murder or killed in revenge by his victim's friends. (The truncated version of the song, often found on compilations, omits a verse in which the narrator expresses shock and remorse over the killing before realizing he has to flee.) Exiting El Paso, he hides out in the "badlands of New Mexico."

The narrator switches from the past to the present for the remainder of the song, describing the yearning that drives him to return to El Paso: "It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden / My love is stronger than my fear of death."[1] Upon entering the town, he is attacked and fatally wounded by a posse or his victim's friends. At the end of the song, the cowboy recounts (or hallucinates) that he is found by Feleena, and he dies in her arms.

Six years later, Robbins wrote a sequel to "El Paso," telling the story from Feleena's point of view (see below). This song confirmed that the cowboy does indeed die in Feleena's arms, although in the original song her eyes were described as "wicked and evil," lending support for the hallucination ending when "El Paso" was originally written.

Then there's one of the sequel songs:

In 1966, Robbins recorded "Feleena (From El Paso)", telling the life story of Feleena, the "Mexican girl" from "El Paso", in a third-person narrative. This track was over eight minutes long. Robbins wrote most of it in Phoenix, Arizona, but went to El Paso seeking inspiration for the conclusion.

Born in a desert shack in New Mexico during a thunderstorm, Feleena runs away from home at 17, living off her charms for a year in Santa Fe, before moving to the brighter lights of El Paso to become a paid dancer. After another year, the narrator of "El Paso" arrives, the first man she did not have contempt for. He spends six weeks romancing her, before shooting another man with whom she was flirting through "insane jealousy" in a retelling of the key moment in the original song. Her lover's return to El Paso comes only a day after his flight (the original song suggests a longer timeframe before his return) and as she goes to run to him, the cowboy motions to her to stay out of the line of fire and is shot; immediately after his dying kiss, Feleena shoots herself with his gun. Their ghosts are heard to this day in the wind blowing around El Paso: "It's only the young cowboy showing Feleena the town".

Parallels abound. I just wonder who Walt's Felina is. Skyler is the obvious answer but I think it's more allegorical. It's more likely his money, however much it may be.

So the final episode is called "Felina."

I immediately thought of Marty Robbins' most popular song. It's not an accident. Nice write up from Wikipedia:

Then there's one of the sequel songs:

Parallels abound. I just wonder who Walt's Felina is. Skyler is the obvious answer but I think it's more allegorical. It's more likely his money, however much it may be.
FeLiNa. Fe = Iron, Li = Lithium, Na = Sodium. Otherwise known as components of Blood, Meth, and Tears.

With the name heisenberg he pretty much has to blow up at the end?

Appropriate for Heisenberg would be to see him driving away and know his exact speed, but not know where he is. Or perhaps we'd have his exact location pinned down but not how fast he was going.

I talked to this dude last night at a wedding that claimed he's seen the last two breaking bads

Jesus, I wasn't aware that I cared that much about that cold bitch Walter White. That's some manipulative heartstrings tugging right there with the 10000 bucks to hang out for an hour, followed by the call to his son. I think it might be best for all involved that this shit wraps up next week. These last couple of episodes have been the most emotionally wrenching viewing experiences i can remember.

Back