• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD Article - Hurry Up and Wait

Dang someone should PM that to numbers.

who in the HELL came up with this gem

6yw9.jpg

The pictures of Ron and Jeff would have made it on a billboard in .1 seconds if you fools had submitted something like that, FWIW

BSD should at least footnote the boards. That article is a sanitized summary of roughly five threads here...

Send this to Hatch...forget it, he doesn't give a s**t.

While most coaches who would have any interest in the position may be well aware that the position will in fact be open, not to mention most coaches Wake will be targeting are in the NCAA Tournament, there is no downside to making an early decision and then leaving the position open while you pursue your head coaching targets.

Good narrative but disagree with the bolded point. There is definite risk/downside in recruiting AND keeping current players from transferring. I know this will open the flood gates from the peanut gallery for a flurry of negative appraisals of our recruits and returning players but beyond that, you want to bag the elephant as quickly as possible.

Good narrative but disagree with the bolded point. There is definite risk/downside in recruiting AND keeping current players from transferring. I know this will open the flood gates from the peanut gallery for a flurry of negative appraisals of our recruits and returning players but beyond that, you want to bag the elephant as quickly as possible.

I would argue that having no coach is better for recruiting and keeping current players (if that is even a goal) than having [Redacted] as our coach.

Leyritz -

I would argue that having no coach is better for recruiting and keeping current players (if that is even a goal) than having [Redacted] as our coach.

Understand but we don't want to saddle ANY new coach with a bunch of transfers and/or disgruntled players. An extended void would encourage this and likely lead to starring down the barrel of an 7&24 type disaster next season.

Lol. So we can keep [Redacted] to keep the players who have led us to the worst four-year record in the history of the program, or we can fire the worst coach Wake has ever had in a prompt manner and take the risk that some of these players might leave during a prolonged time where we have no coach?

Yeah I'll take the latter choice.

Maybe, but having no coach then turns all this tremendous negativity directly on Wellman....so why would he do that? People here would sit around for a month or more on the edge of their seat frantic that Wellman would screw up the hire...and maybe put up billboards about the BOT firing him.

I really think it comes down to time. He's been doing his DD and knows who he might be able to attract. That Marshall comment from a couple of weeks ago must have been part of it (because it was odd). My only worry is he got rebuffed by most choices for the $$ we have to offer and he's almost forced to either retain Bz or go to an unknown which he probably doesn't want to do this time around. I'd do the latter anyway in that scenario but...

Back