• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Butler considering moving to the A-10

DeacAlum2001

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/butler-considering-move-atlantic-10-201330540--ncaab.html

What's interesting about this move is that the A-10 is also looking to pick up George Mason and VCU. IF all those moves were to happen, the A-10 could become a decently competitive basketball conference. Still a mid-major but good competition and media coverage to potentially help with more NCAA bids.

This would put Shaka and Stevens in the same conference. With increased exposure and better competition, I wonder if it would make it harder for the major conference teams to pry them away from those schools. Especially Stevens, who seems to be very happy at Butler.

Might actually make it easier to get Shaka, part of his evaluation on whether to stay or go is how well his team stacks up against the conference compared to a potential suitor.

In other words he would rather bet top 2 in a mid major conference than 7th in a power conference.

Honestly though, I don't think either leave their programs. Unfortunately, because I can't stand our coach.

I think VT's hire and recent ACC hires show that the conference can no longer pick and chose their coaches like they once could with the exception of Duke and UNC of course.

Back