• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

2012-2013
BC: #108
WF: #141

Last 3 Seasons (Average):
BC: #145
WF: #200

If you puke, aim away from the laptop Wake20.

On court/field performance doesn't mean much...BC means something to the ACC because it means they can claim the Boston market in TV deals. What does Wake mean to the ACC? They already have plenty of schools in this TV market.

New England market is substantial since they pull from RI, Ct, NH, VT, Me & Ma. I have noticed last couple years the Charlotte Observer has substantially reduced their WFU coverage, instead focusing on the Big 3 in the center of the state and to a lesser extent Clemson...

2012-2013
BC: #108
WF: #141

Last 3 Seasons (Average):
BC: #145
WF: #200

If you puke, aim away from the laptop Wake20.

I mean both teams are completely irrelevant in college basketball right now. I was also hinting more at overall perception of the bball and fball programs. I just see SOME pulse at the Joel, even during the worst (second worst?) stretch in the history of basketball here. There is nothing at BC. Nothing. Attendance last night: 4,338.

Also, I was under the impression BC brings the Boston market into play as much as MD brings the DC market (not at all).

ETA: There is no part of me that believed we had a higher rating than BC over the last few years.

Last edited:
I already had this argument/debate with RedSoxFaithful. Just because we look better in the eye test doesn't mean we're actually better than BC. Truth is we split with them this year, and we have the exact same ACC record. It's time we face facts and admit that we're no better than Boston College this year. Matter of fact, we lost to the worst ACC team, and we're tied for 2nd worst. The truth hurts.

Would Wellmans Waskely Wabbits kick people out of the Joel if they showed up with signs with just the stats on them. A big sign with ".043" would speak volumes, maybe even better than "buzzout". Or wear in a plain white shirt and take black electrical tape in. Make your own shirt, right there in your seat. I may drive down from Dayton for that.

Would Wellmans Waskely Wabbits kick people out of the Joel if they showed up with signs with just the stats on them. A big sign with ".043" would speak volumes, maybe even better than "buzzout". Or wear in a plain white shirt and take black electrical tape in. Make your own shirt, right there in your seat. I may drive down from Dayton for that.

Just don't hold it up in the aisle. Or block anyone's view with it (meaning, don't hold it up where people can actually see it.)

They aren't trying to censor you, but if you do it twice they will kick you out of the Joel.

@vt - How much trouble would it be to post an updated 3 year KenPom graph either on this thread or the KenPom thread? Thanks!

I'd say Bz has proven himself to be extremely dependable. I know exactly what's going to happen on the road with him.

Recognition for FireBz.com, with what I consider a solid summary of the state of affairs. It also has an outline for why Wellman might keep Bz for Year 4, but it's a mediocre argument at best.

http://www.accsports.com/teams/wake...ellman-has-his-reasons-to-back-[Redacted].php

Good find. Solid article.

BC is significantly ahead of us in KenPom this year, and they will return their entire team. They will be picked ahead of us next year. And they have a coach who has some history of winning in the NCAAT.

Look under "Rapid Fire" in the article. About 2/3 down the page. So, so true.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ng-big-impact-new-programs-college-basketball

I found this part particularly interesting...

"Whenever you take over a program," Weber said, "there's a fine line between totally trying to change everything or just slowly adding and tweaking stuff as you get to know the kids. There's also nothing wrong with keeping some stuff the same, especially if it's worked for those players in the past. "That's what we've been able to do."

Indeed, Weber, Larranaga and Eustachy all inherited unique situations. Instead of walking into programs that needed to be rebuilt, all three coaches took over teams that were far from broken or downtrodden.

There is something to be said for any national attention we can bring to Bz's record, which has been depressingly irrelevant in the college basketball landscape for 6 consecutive seasons now.

Site's updated.

Despite FSU slipping in recent weeks, Bz is back to 7 top-100 wins in the past three seasons to go along with 42 losses (.143).

I saw a tweet saying he was 2-3 against the top 25 this year. As far as improvement goes, that's a major step for Bz.

Back