• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

Exactly who I was thinking of. And Bz is definitely worse than Bob Wade for a few reasons.

1) Wade had no college experience
2) Maryland had legitimate program issues after Len Bias' death
3) He recruited Brian Williams (transferred and changed his name to Bison Dele), Jerrod Mustaf, and Walt Williams, all NBA draft picks
4) Wade led Maryland to the NCAA Tournament in his 2nd year
5) Wade's record at Maryland was 36-50 compared to [Redacted]'s 34-60.

If I were Ron Wellman I would schedule a press conference at the Joel for like 7 on a weeknight and tell everybody to come and then after building it up (hopefully getting around a thousand fans, if not more) for a few minutes, rip off his shirt and tie to reveal a #Buzzout shirt and yell into the microphone "[Redacted] IS GONE BITCHES, WE'RE GOING AFTER SHAKA." You can't tell me that people wouldn't be gung ho about Ron at that point.

Can we expect Wellman to move before the NCAAs next week or wait? He fired Dino shortly before the Final Four, IIRC.

Brett Jensen ‏@Brett_Jensen
A very prominent & famous media person said in a private convo Wake Forrest coach Jeff [Redacted] is the worst ACC coach since MD's Bob Wade.

Can't even spell Wake Forest correctly, though.

It was Bob Wade who said it.

Can we expect Wellman to move before the NCAAs next week or wait? He fired Dino shortly before the Final Four, IIRC.

I don't know why he waited so long to fire Dino, but I wouldn't expect him to make that same mistake again (and it was a mistake, a big one).

why only 95%?

Wellman is still in [Redacted]'s corner hard core. Could come down to a desperate power play on his part if I had to guess. A small chance that he would have success if he did it. Very small.

Wellman is still in [Redacted]'s corner hard core. Could come down to a desperate power play on his part if I had to guess. A small chance that he would have success if he did it. Very small.

Assuming this is factual, it appears that Wellman has one foot out of the door as well. No?

Brett Jensen ‏@Brett_Jensen
A very prominent & famous media person said in a private convo Wake Forrest coach Jeff [Redacted] is the worst ACC coach since MD's Bob Wade.

Can't even spell Wake Forest correctly, though.

Why are you following Brett Jensen?

Can't imagine Wellman actually pulling the plug on Buzz. We're just as terrible now as we have been, nothing's really changed, so why does he do it now?

Back