• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzz staying or not?

sbpack

I sleep with sheep!
Reaction score
I believe he gets his final year. Btw, please give me a good rep.

I agree with some on the boards that we either need to fire him or extend him. We can't expect to realistically land good or great recruits with 1 year remaining on his contract and the guillotine looming over him. Although I'm not really sure an extension would help, he'll still be under the gun to win or risk being fired. I honestly think Wellman is going to look at what he has returning for players next year (all which Buzz recruited) plus the players coming off of injury, and light a fire under Buzz's ass for 2014-2015. If we fire him we're back to ground zero, and we might be able to build faster than we would have with BUzz here, but it all depends on who we get, and it puts a ton of our current roster at risk to transfer.

If no announcement is done by the end of the week, I imagine he will be back.

I agree with some on the boards that we either need to fire him or extend him. We can't expect to realistically land good or great recruits with 1 year remaining on his contract and the guillotine looming over him. Although I'm not really sure an extension would help, he'll still be under the gun to win or risk being fired. I honestly think Wellman is going to look at what he has returning for players next year (all which Buzz recruited) plus the players coming off of injury, and light a fire under Buzz's ass for 2014-2015. If we fire him we're back to ground zero, and we might be able to build faster than we would have with BUzz here, but it all depends on who we get, and it puts a ton of our current roster at risk to transfer.

The risk of transfers is greater if he stays. And if Buzz stays, future recruiting efforts will still result in players who are not competitive in the ACC.

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone...

Tuesday in Dayton

giphy.gif

The risk of transfers is greater if he stays. And if Buzz stays, future recruiting efforts will still result in players who are not competitive in the ACC.

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone...

I just hope Wellman can lock down a truly elite coach that will be able to convince our current roster to stay.... because unlike what a lot of people think I belive our players like Buzz and believe he's got their back.

The trick isn't to retain everyone, it's to retain our core while letting some kids transfer. No coach wants to come into a situation with no schollies opening up for 2 years.

Back