• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calhoun very interested in BC job per ESPN

berneses

Reaction score
Wow, that would be some hire by BC and put pressure on Wellman to get a really good coach or we will be at the bottom of the pack in the ACC for years.

He is 71 and has some health issues but he brings instant credibility to a program that has lacked credibility for years. If he is healthy and wants to coach, I can't imagine why BC wouldn't look at the Boston native.

Practically every coach who can still fog a mirror is going to be mentioned for one or another of the available jobs by somebody at some time. Important question is how will connected and knowledgeable are the somebodies doing the mentioning?

Calhoun did mention during the AAC tournament that he'd answer calls. He looks in far better health than when he retired. I wish he'd stay retired but I think he's the kind of guy who can't be away from the game.

But BC? That's pretty much the last school I'd want to see him go to. Their "Superfans" can all go to hell.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if Calhoun is using BC as leverage for UConn to give him a raise in his consulting job. Hope it backfires.

Can't wait until we hire Turner for $450K and a bag of apples.

Jim Calhoun needs to move on with his life. Dude, go play golf. Go enjoy the few years you have left on this earth. I just don't understand why someone who has given their whole life to something and has had a tremendous amount of success can't just hang it up.

Jim Calhoun needs to move on with his life. Dude, go play golf. Go enjoy the few years you have left on this earth. I just don't understand why someone who has given their whole life to something and has had a tremendous amount of success can't just hang it up.

I think it's pretty clear that coaching basketball is his enjoyment. He's tried retiring and playing golf but obviously doesn't enjoy that as much.

Hey I'd be fine with it. Gets a competitor out of the hiring market with someone we don't want. And BC is back in the market in four years tops.

Because he has given his whole life to it and doesn't know what else to do.

BC could go after Providence's Ed Cooley.

Ed Cooley was an assistant at BC for nine years under Al Skinner.

Cooley is from Providence and has a good thing going there. Don't think he leaves for BC

The BC people I follow on Twitter are not excited about Cooley.

Back