• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp to Ravens

We had the worst Offensive Coordinator in the U.S. - for years.

At the same time, we had the worst Head Basketball Coach in the U.S.

Good job, Wellman.

The atmosphere in the football locker room and surrounding the program over the last 2-3 years was toxic...the previous coaching staff had a lot to do with this. To put the blame of any shortcomings or disappointments 100% on the shoulders of an 18-22 year old kid is not looking at both sides of the story.

Yes, Josh (and several other players) had what we perceive to be an attitude problem. Josh (and several other players) were very frustrated with the previous coaching staff (as was most of the fan base) for many reasons...one of them being the staff's fondness of calling players out in the media before ever speaking with them man to man...and most of the staff having a very "hands off" approach to coaching.

To say that there needed to be a coaching change was putting it mildly...

Now, I am NOT saying the Josh is innocent and misunderstood, because he could have handled his business in a more mature manner, and should have saved a lot of his comments on social media for private discussion, however, when your coaches are not approachable and their door is closed more than open, twitter rants happen.

You actually believed that nonsense? His official time was closer to 4.5. One of his friends with a quick finger on the stopwatch got him at 4.28 and he ran with it.

Josh Harris was the worst running back in the ACC last year. Sneeze and he would fall down.

That said, our O-line rarely opened any holes since 2011 - again, LOBO.

I don't understand this. He gets open. He's ridiculously good at getting open.

Yeah but just because he gets open doesn't mean he is running the correct route. In the NFL (and even good college passing teams) the QB throws to where you're going to be before you even make the cut to get there. If he doesn't run the route correctly he may get open but he won't be at the same place as the ball. Also, NFL DBs are quite a bit better than the average college DB in coverage.

Yeah but just because he gets open doesn't mean he is running the correct route. In the NFL (and even good college passing teams) the QB throws to where you're going to be before you even make the cut to get there. If he doesn't run the route correctly he may get open but he won't be at the same place as the ball. Also, NFL DBs are quite a bit better than the average college DB in coverage.

First of all, route running was considered a strength in most of what I read. Second, he had to simply get open at Wake due to the attention he got.

It's unfortunate that as a Panthers fan, my favorite WR corps could be on the Ravens.

Josh did the worst thing he could do. Proved his detractors RIGHT.

People will say i'm crazy but i still think Josh could turn into willy parker 2.0. he has good speed, is actually pretty decent at pass blocking, can catch the ball out of the backfield etc. i agree with many other comments. he played on a crappy team, with a crappy line, an ok qb and coaches who weren't afraid to throw him under the bus. Yeah he's shown his ass a few times and he owns some of that, but i don't think all of it...

The Parker comp isn't a good one IMO. Parker didn't get burn at UNC because Bunting didn't think he fit into his offense. Harris got a ton of burn at Wake, he just couldn't break a tackle. Harris would have been better off as far as his draft prospects if he still had some intrigue (much like Parker who had a good frosh season). Tape don't lie on Josh Harris.

Hope you are prepared for a non-football playing career, Josh, because it's just obvious that is where you're headed. It was a fun start to the ride. Good luck to you. Please do find something else to tweet about besides Wake Forest-related topics for the foreseeable future.

Harris' agent is probably trying to cover his ass so he doesn't look bad for future clients. "Hey Josh, I did the best I could, but, uh, your old coaches bad-mouthed you."

A few guys have started their careers in Canada and made it to the NFL that way.

I don't think the staff should have trashed him to interested teams, and I don't think teams should put much worth into the words of coaches who can't even find D-1 jobs.

Needless to say- there were problems everywhere in the football program...the main one being most of our coaches were completely out of sync/out of touch with the players and unapproachable.

i mean, if you're going to keep integrity with recruiters you're going to be honest about a player, right?

Glad for camp. Hope he does well in Baltimore. Would have liked to see him in a Panthers uniform.

Same. I kept watching the draft saying to myself "Panthers gonna trade a 6th round next year for a 7th this year and get Camp.

Thanks KVegas. That puts this in context. It still doesn't excuse Harris. This staff gave him a shot few would. He was injured his senior year of HS and was a 2* with little interest. He's probably among WF career leaders in carries.

I looked it up. Harris finished his career 10th in career carries at 489 (McDougald had 880, Barclay 840)

He finished 8th career yards at 2230, 200 ahead of Josh Adams and 400 ahead of Brandon Pendergrass. (Barclay 4,032, McDougald 3,811)

His 4.56 ypc is not in the top 10.

His 19 career TDs ranks tied for 7th. (Barclay had 40)

If the knock on Camp is route running then the Ravens got an absolute steal. Camp is one of the best route runners in the class. Crisp, clean routes primarily right on the money.

Back